Talk

Advanced search

First time pregnancy, first time loss

(4 Posts)
RdEmTTC Mon 26-Oct-20 11:39:21

Hi,

This is my first post on Mumsnet and I always though it would be for something positive but unfortunately not. At Around 10 weeks 2 days I started to have some Brown spotting, so I arranged an early private scan to see what was going on which revealed that I had a missed miscarriage. My body fully kicked in the following day and I bled for 3 weeks and then it stopped. I have now began bleeding again ( 4 weeks after scan) which I can only presume is my period? But the conflicting this is that my body is still producing HCG as when I tested (as recommended on the NHS website) its coming up with a positive indicator. Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it take for the HCG to stop being detected in your system?
This was my first pregnancy and right now my mental health is taking a battering, my emotions are all over the place and i still just feel so broken. I told myself when my miscarriage began that there would be hope once my body went back to normal but it just doesn't seen to be happening.

I know that I should talk to a medical professional but my trust in them has ceased to exsist with how I feel right now.To explain the lack of trust, I tried to ring my midwife after the scan for over 5 days with no answer or response, ended up having to ring the main office to find out that she was working, I then explained my situation and confusion about the next steps, for her to pass the message on, only for me to receive a text 2 days later basically just saying sorry for you loss from my midwife, with no other message

Sorry for the huge message but any help or support or advice would mean the world

Em xx

OP’s posts: |
ForTheLoveOfHalloween Mon 26-Oct-20 12:16:46

I think it's best to call your gp. I think you should of had a negative test by now. As you haven't it might mean you've got some retained product (sorry I really don't know how else to word it).

I'm sorry for your loss x

WaitingforBFP Mon 26-Oct-20 15:53:49

Hi,

Firstly I am so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc in Aug at 11w4days. It is horrendous and like you it took a huge toll on me mentally but I promise you it will get better in time even if it doesn’t seem that way now.

I really did bleed for the first four and a half weeks on and off. I have a d and c and bled for a few days after it stopped then started a week later (old blood), got my negative test around 3 weeks I think ! Had period 4 and a half weeks after d and c but it was a short one. I hope that helps and I’m so sorry again

Sausage1990 Mon 26-Oct-20 19:56:35

I'm sorry you're going through this @RdEmTTC. I don't have any advice really as i'm in a similar tricky situation but just wanted to send you a virtual hand hold of moral support 💕

I had a mmc discovered at 11weeks at my dating scan (baby was 9+1weeks). I had medical management the following week (6th Oct) and although I had passed most of it, I still had some placenta left so they gave me more meds and sent home to complete the miscarriage. I think I passed it that Friday because the bleeding slowed right down and I've had no cramps since. Ive since only needed 1 pad a day (although I've changed for hygiene but it wasn't needed for flow) it when I wipe there is more there than the pad. And it's been the same for 2 weeks now. On Friday its 3 weeks since I think the placenta had passed so I have to the pregnancy test. As I'm still bleeding I'm terrified it won't be negative because it means it's not over.

It's such a long and exhausting experience. We were told there was no heartbeat on the 28th of September and nearly 1 month later I still don't know if it's over. If its not then the next step for me is probably a d&c 😩😔

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in