Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation after miscarriage

(10 Posts)
ZT5590 Wed 02-Sep-20 11:59:24

Hi,

I had a miscarriage a week ago now. I stopped bleeding after 5 days and had cramps on one side like ovulation cramps I’ve had in the past. Also had EWCM and soft open cervix. I took an ovulation test and It was positive for 2 days (exactly like what happened when I fell pregnant). Took another yesterday and was negative. I know people say that ovulation test can pick up left over HCG but I still had a faint line on pregnancy test when my ovulation test was negative so I figure it must have detected something with LH surge.
Is it possible I have already ovulated? I had every single symptom of ovulation that I had last month when we were successful. Seems to good to be true but part of me wants to hold onto anything I can after the devastation of the miscarriage !
Let me know if anyone has had similar experiences?

OP’s posts: |
EmmieG11 Fri 04-Sep-20 00:46:45

Hi, I can't offer any advice but I'm in a similar position. Miscarriage the week before last at around 8 weeks pregnant. Would really like to try again soon. Did ovulation tests this week and they showed as high for 3 days earlier in the week and have now started to reduce. Not sure if irs genuine or whether it's the HCG levels messing with it. So frustrating isn't it? The whole process makes time move really slowly!!
Fingers crossed for you x

ZT5590 Fri 04-Sep-20 06:43:14

It really is! The only thing keeping me positive is the thought of being pregnant again really.
I just think, the worst that’s going to happen is that we get AF , so in the mean time we are trying again and holding hope that i ovulated already or that I will do before a period arrives.
I have all the post ovulation symptoms aswell so fingers crossed! Keep me updated. Would love to hear how you get on! Hope we both get pregnant with our rainbow babies soon 🌈

EmmieG11 Fri 04-Sep-20 09:04:03

Yes I will keep you updated and you please do the same!
I don't have any indicators that I've ovulated like you but then to be fair I've never really noticed indicators before as I've never needed to pay this much attention to my body! Only started using the ovulation tests for the first time since this miscarriage.
Was it your first pregnancy? I have a 6 year old and have never had any complications before so this miscarriage has been a shock for me. Never considered that I could have one. Very naieve of me! X

ZT5590 Fri 04-Sep-20 10:13:19

Yeah it’s really difficult isn’t it.
I used ovulation sticks when we fell pregnant. I felt they really helped us and I ovulated a lot sooner than I had expected to but like you say, so hard with having HCG still in the system to know whether the ovulation sticks are being true!
This was my first ever pregnancy so truly devastated. We had been trying for 4 months so we’re thrilled to be pregnant and now having to go through it again which is crap sad
I was also super naive, ya just never think it will happen to you do you.
If it’s one positive, the hospital told me I would be very fertile now as ya body is when you’ve had a miscarriage. So hopefully that works in our favour! lol

Cornflake24 Fri 04-Sep-20 11:10:48

Hi both you can ovulate very quickly i was told but the HCG levels can show a false positive so I was warned not to bet on it. I'm waiting in my first period now to try and get into a normal cycle to try again.

ZT5590 Fri 04-Sep-20 11:29:48

@Cornflake24 that’s good to know. Thanks for responding. Think they do recommend to wait for a period but I’m too impatient lol! Good luck to you! Xx

Cornflake24 Fri 04-Sep-20 11:40:24

@ZT5590 thanks im praying we get luckily quickly. Fingers crossed for you too x

EmmieG11 Sun 06-Sep-20 23:22:31

@Cornflake24 thanks for the info. I am not putting too much effort in but would like to get lucky. If/when period comes I will try harder after that.

@ZT5590 didn't realise you are really fertile after miscarriage, that's interesting. I also keep reading that having a miscarriage doesn't make you more at risk of having further ones and the odds are that you will have a healthy pregnancy next time. That's reassuring and keeping me going!
But seriously why does every day feel like a lifetime? It's the starting again isn't it? I'm now at least 11 weeks behind where I was! Would have been having the first scan soon! X

ZT5590 Mon 07-Sep-20 06:28:43

@EmmieG11 I feel exactly the same!
I was supposed to have first phone appt today and scan in 3 weeks. So disappointing when I think of those things sad every day deffo does feel a lifetime at the moment. It’s hard to enjoy life when you know you’ll only be happy when pregnant again sad will be so much more wonderful when we do finally get there though x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in