Talk

Advanced search

Brown discharge and spotting 5 weeks pregnant

(5 Posts)
hollieholmes26 Tue 28-Jul-20 14:56:42

Hi.
I've had two previous miscarriages. Last October at exactly 6 weeks and the September before that at 5 wks + 4. The first one started with severe lower back pain then heavy bleeding and the second with stomach cramping then heavy bleeding.
I'm now 5 wks + 1 and since Sunday night I've had brown discharge each time I wipe. Just as it seems to be stopping I have some dark red blood then back to the discharge. I haven't noticed any clots or stringy tissue yet!! I've spoken to my gp and the midwives but because I'm not yet 6 weeks there is nothing they can do yet so I've been told to wait it out until Monday. (But I have been signed off work for 2 weeks so I can rest).
I guess I'm just looking for some positive stories from anyone who has been through similar. Some hope that this may not be a miscarriage. I know the odds are against me, but until I'm told for definite I can't believe it. It's so different to the first two, I just don't know what to think 😢😢

OP’s posts: |
NotMaryWhitehouse Mon 03-Aug-20 11:57:52

How are you doing @hollieholmes26 ?

hollieholmes26 Mon 03-Aug-20 12:15:53

Hi @NotMaryWhitehouse. Not so great. 48hours after I posted I started to bleed heavily and passing clots. Today I've had my second negative pregnancy test and I have a scan tomorrow which will confirm what I already know, that I've lost the baby 😢😢. Thank you for asking xx

NotMaryWhitehouse Mon 03-Aug-20 13:15:20

I'm sorry to hear that, Hollie. Yes also had a miscarriage last October and believe I'm having a thirds miscarriage today. Booked into EPAU to confirm tomorrow.

Take it easy, it's so so hard and feels just massively unfair, but you're not alone. ✊🏻

hollieholmes26 Mon 03-Aug-20 14:22:56

It is so hard, you don't believe that life can be so cruel. I'm under a consultant, starting tests soon. Hopefully they will have some answers.
Same to you, get plenty of rest and look after yourself. Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in