Talk

Advanced search

Advice on how to get through

(4 Posts)
octobersky19 Sat 27-Jun-20 14:44:03

Hi,

I've been having on/off bleeding (mostly brown) for the last week. I had a feeling this was coming as dates were behind. EPU scanned me once and said yolk sac was still there.

I'm having heavy bleeding with extreme period pains, surely this is it now? It's only been a week of this but I'm genuinely starting to struggle. EPU won't see me again, they've told me to test in a week to see if I'm still pregnant sad

I'm around 6 weeks 5 days.

Can anyone help me? Can I take ibuprofen? Paracetamol aren't helping, I have codeine but reluctant to take it as I'm not sure what to do

OP’s posts: |
Northernsoul90 Sun 28-Jun-20 16:05:17

Hello, I’m really sorry for your mc and that you are having a hard time sad. Is your bleeding extremely heavy? As in going through more than 2 sanitary towels an hour? If you are concerned that you are losing too much blood you should definitely ring EPU back and insist that you are seen. For the pain yes you can take ibuprofen along with paracetamol for the pain. For my mc I took cocodamol for the cramping as paracetamol wasn’t enough. I’m unsure on the codeine as I don’t know the strength you have etc and wouldn’t want to advise on strong pain relief as I’m not a medical professional. I hope that the pain eases off for you soon xx

octobersky19 Sun 28-Jun-20 19:53:20

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. I passed the baby today, much more traumatic than I expected. Feeling much better physically now, resting as much as I can. It hasn't really hit me yet. Cx

OP’s posts: |
Northernsoul90 Sun 28-Jun-20 20:18:43

I’m so sorry flowers. Get plenty of rest and give yourself time to recover - I’m glad you are feeling a bit better physically. Hope you are being well looked after at home. Here if you need someone to talk to xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in