Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage pain

(5 Posts)
newmummabear Sat 09-May-20 07:57:39

Hi, unfortunately I found out at my 12 weeks scan 2 days ago (which took place a bit late so I was supposed to be 14 weeks) that the pregnancy had stopped ar week 9. I am now going through a natural miscarriage with contraction-pain every 3-4 mins. So my question is how long this pain lasts for generally? I understand the bleeding can last up to 2 weeks but I am hoping this pain will not last that long! Obviously I am distraught as this is my first pregnancy and that is probably making the pain feel worse but right now I would place it at an 8/10 pain. Thank you for any help xx

OP’s posts: |
SavannahCat Sat 09-May-20 08:04:57

So sorry OP x. When I had my miscarriage the pain (low level) started on a Monday lunchtime. The baby came away naturally on the Tuesday at midnight. I had contractions and period type pain for the duration. In fact, the pain continued until the Saturday evening (which was unexpected) x

whatsgoingon22 Sat 09-May-20 08:44:20

So sorry @newmummabear☹️. It really is the worst. I hope you are nearing the end of the worst of the pain now. Those really intense pains/contractions for me lasted about 3 hours with frequent trips to the toilet in between. The doc prescribed me codeine which helped and I passed out asleep for a few hours after. The mild cramps lasted a day or two while the bleeding lessens but continues. Good luck and hope you are okay xxx if the bleeding is very heavy you need to go to A&E xx

Stabal Sat 09-May-20 10:32:57

I'm so sorry 😔 I've had intense pain for about a day and half now but only light bleeding. Just wishing it was all over now. It's very cruel. Sending you love 💕

newmummabear Sat 09-May-20 17:03:34

Thank you all for your kind and sympathetic messages - the super high intensity pain lasted 3-4 hours - I'm still in pain but significantly less. Your messages have been so helpful understanding what your experiences were. @Stabal I'm so sorry you're going through this aswell right now and @SavannahCat and @whatsgoingon22 I'm sorry also that you have had to endure this in the past. Thank you for commenting and helping me through smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in