Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage and wanting to try again.

(4 Posts)
Kimmm89 Wed 01-Apr-20 22:26:16

Hi there

I unfortunately had a miscarriage last week I was coming up 12 weeks but unfortunately the baby was no bigger than 6 weeks so I had to get the tablets to make my miscarriage come on, I knew something wasn't right as I was bleeding 22nd feb it stopped then started again 2 weeks later.
I'm wanting to try again as I have 2 other kids and I just think if we are going to do it it needs to be now. My bleeding has stopped and I'm feeling good. I need to take a pregnancy test in 2 more weeks to make sure it's negative.
Would it be ok now to try? Even though I've not had my period yet or do I wait? I want this so badly I feel a bit guilty also not wanting people to think I'm trying to replace my wee angel.

Has anyone fell pregnant after miscarriage but before first period?

OP’s posts: |
Mshayleylou Wed 01-Apr-20 23:01:32

So sorry to hear what you went through. I had pretty much the same thing - a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks just before xmas that had stopped about 7 weeks, and had a D&C on new year's eve. We waited until the bleeding stopped and I felt fine and then just went for it - I read around a LOT and there doesn't seem to be any strong medical evidence saying it does any harm to start trying again straight away. I had 2 periods after that and third month lucky I just got a positive pregnancy test. Am now really scared the same thing will happen again, so not getting too excited, but hoping for the best. Really hope it'll work out ok for you too. Good luck!

Char2020 Thu 02-Apr-20 09:13:11

I’m sorry for your loss sad I had a MMC in Jan at what should have been 12 weeks but was only 8+2. We had an early scan at 7 weeks and everything was fine, saw the heartbeat. We decided not to wait and started trying again as soon as the bleeding stopped but it wasn’t a wise idea for us. After every time we dtd I would bleed for a few days and was very sore but I so desperately wanted to be pregnant again. It didn’t happen then I had my first period 4.5 weeks after the MMC. I found out 2 weeks ago I’m pregnant so happened on the first proper cycle but am struggling to get excited about it. Of course it’s what I want but I just can’t bond until I get to the 12 week scan and know that everything is ok. I don’t even like taking about it. I was so excited last time (was my first pregnancy) and had imagined our whole future together but when that was taken I was broken so it’s difficult now.

There is no reason to wait other than it’s easier for the hospital to date the pregnancy, it all depends on how you feel mentally and physically. Good luck with your journey x

sav1233 Fri 03-Apr-20 22:35:48

I'm so sorry to hear about both of yous too.
I don't know what to do. I want to try again ASAP but I'm really scared it will happen again. I'm hoping everything plans out well for you guys and I'm truly sorry for your losses.

Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in