Talk

Advanced search

My sister?? Am I being over dramatic

(3 Posts)
Emilylouisex Mon 20-Jan-20 13:05:37

Hey,
So a few years ago i suffered 5 miscarriages with my ex partner. During this time I only really had his family for support, my family didn’t support my relationship with him and consequently were not too interested in the whole situation. Since me and him have broken up I am closer to my family now. Anyway, my older sister at the time was particularly unsupportive, she visited me once in hospital when I was there for a week, and that was for an hour, when we fell out a few week after my last one she mocked the fact I was off work and said “boohoo you had a miscarriage get over it”, she also told me she had a miscarriage and she’s okay so why wasn’t I, which shocked me as I was only aware of her abortion years ago. Anyway she’s now happily pregnant due in the summer and although I am really happy for her I find myself getting annoyed with some of the things she said coming back to me. She was concerned she was lightly bleeding so I offered to drop my shift at work and take her to hospital and wait with her as her partner was working, I then had flashbacks when I was in the same boat but heavily bleeding I had to ask if she would take me to hospital and she huffed rolled her eyes and said she’d drop me but she’s not waiting. I also asked When she was bleeding if she was slightly concerned because of her past miscarriage and then she said she didn’t know what I was talking about and that she’s never had a miscarriage so for some reason she lied to me previously about having one? She also made some kind of joke to me a few weeks ago that the first few weeks of her pregnancy were so bad she was thinking if she’d done the right thing keeping it, I said ah well you’ve told everyone now you’re committed (joking) and then she said ah well if I changed my mind I could just tell people ive had a miscarriage.
I don’t know whether to speak to her about it, maybe I just need to vent, it’s just a bit upsetting for me how naturally supportive I am and wanting to look out for her because she’s pregnant, but then I look back and she was actually quite horrible to me sad

OP’s posts: |
HerculesMulligan Mon 20-Jan-20 13:06:45

She sounds vile. I'm so sorry for your losses.

anotherypasswordtoremember Wed 22-Jan-20 15:49:12

Mate, I know she's family but your sister sounds like a bad person. For you're own mental health you might want to think about a bit of distance from her for a while. You've been through a lot and you do not deserve to be treated like that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in