Talk

Advanced search

Anechoic sac but nothing else

(5 Posts)
MrsLaura89 Wed 18-Dec-19 16:36:29

Hi,

I found out I was pregnant the other week and had some pain a couple days later so went for an early scan. The doctor found a small sac which was empty and also a large cyst on my ovary. HCG levels doubled as they should and had another scan today which was 6 days from the last one and still and empty sac...
I know the dates we had sex and were likely to have conceived which would make me around 4weeks pregnant.
I’m feeling a little lost..I have to go back for another scan on the 30th December to rule out a failed pregnancy or it could be that I’m just super early. I have no bleeding and I get occasional pain but nothing that is really painful.
Can anyone shed any light or has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

OP’s posts: |
MotherofKitties Wed 18-Dec-19 16:49:54

Hi OP,

I tested early and started to have cramping and bleeding so I got referred for a scan, and they could see a sack and nothing else; I knew my exact dates and I was 5 weeks. I had to wait until I was 10 weeks for them to find a heartbeat, and fast forward to today I now have a feisty two year old daughter.

4 weeks is very, very early and more often than not nothing shows so early on, so there's hope yet. I hope it works out for you xxx

MrsLaura89 Wed 18-Dec-19 16:58:03

These are my thoughts exactly, I am mega worried and as I work in the hospital I instantly had access to a scan so was scanned straight away for the pain I had. I am worried that if nothing on the 30th they’ll send me for removal etc but it still could be really early.
It’s going to be a long wait sad

MotherofKitties Wed 18-Dec-19 20:01:10

If you're only 4 weeks now, you still might not be able to see anything if you scan on the 30th, but if your bloods keep on increasing that's a good sign!

I don't want to give you false hope and I know these things can happen (I had a chemical last month), but try to relax and not worry xx

MrsLaura89 Wed 18-Dec-19 20:19:04

I am just worrying constantly, I feel really stupid and cried at my husband this evening. If we conceived by my dates (as I know when we had sex) I think I would be around 4+2 but I know it doesn’t work like that for dates with implantation etc. Still..need to be positive and hope that the baby develops.
We had our first child in 2009 and I don’t remember having a single worry or symptom of pregnancy so all of this early scanning and seeing sacs is new to me. I just feel really sad about it all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in