Talk

Advanced search

Expectant Management of Miscarriage - help please

(9 Posts)
EllaWt Sat 09-Nov-19 17:25:14

Hi everyone,

I am really anxious and hoping someone could enlighten me.

Two weeks ago (i was 6+2h) I started bleeding and went to hospital who said i was
Miscarrying and to come back in two weeks for a check up.

My check up was yesterday. They confirmed I had miscarried but explained I have had a missed miscarriage, ie that I still have an intact sac inside.

They advised that I wait for the miscarriage to happen naturally and sent me home.
I only bled for a week and nothing has happened since then.

Has anyone experienced that? How long did it take for the whole "process" to end?
Did you end up having medical management anyway?

This is excruciating , i would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
GoldLeafTree Sat 09-Nov-19 17:50:40

Hi OP,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I haven't experienced expectant management, I was advised to do that but insisted I had medical management as I couldn't bear the thought of waiting for weeks not knowing when it was going to happen.

If you don't want to wait, you don't have to. Do whatever is best for you flowers

EllaWt Mon 11-Nov-19 09:39:42

Thank you @GoldLeafTree .... i'm okay-ish to wait for it to happen but i am very worried because literally nothing is happening. I'm not even bleeding. I don't know what's going on sad

EllaWt Mon 11-Nov-19 09:40:10

And I am really sorry for your loss , i hope you are ok now

EllaWt Mon 18-Nov-19 22:01:57

Bumping - sorry posters

Still nothing has happened - it has been 4 weeks now...

NotMaryWhitehouse Tue 19-Nov-19 12:13:06

So sorry you're going through this @EllaWt , how awful for you. Honestly I think you need to ring your GP/EPAU as a matter of urgency just to check you don't have an infection.

I have had medical management before and indeed am having it right now for a missed miscarriage, and it is generally a quick (ish) process.

Take care of yourself.

MilsCookie Wed 27-Nov-19 12:30:23

@EllaWt how are you doing Ella, has anything happened yet? I’m currently waiting for my miscarriage to happen and feel so anxious 😥 I found out on Monday at my 12 week scan that the baby stopped developing at 8 weeks so I had a MMC. I just wish it would hurry up so I can begin to move on 😔

EllaWt Wed 27-Nov-19 15:51:44

Hi @MilsCookie
So here is my timeline, hope it will help
26October : started bleeding, went to EPU who confirmed risk of miscarriage. At that time, i was approx 6 weeks pregnant and foetus size indicated it stopped growing at approx 3-4 weeks.
I bled , period like, for about a week.
8 November: EPU confirmed miscarriage. I had stopped bleeding at that point. Chose expectant management.
25 November: appointment at EPU for medical management because I didnt want to wait any longer. I had started on/off bleeding for about a week. At the EPU, they confirmed that most of it of was gone and All I had to do is wait for my next period.

It was all horrible and very confusing but that's the story. I am aware that I was so early in the pregnancy that my experience may not be like yours. The bleeding was nothing like I read elsewhere. It was mild and slightly uncomfortable but honestly nothing like the horror stories I have read. So I feel lucky I guess.

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you take of yourself. Sending you all the support I possibly can

Softscoop35 Wed 27-Nov-19 22:31:35

Im sorry about your loss. Having gone through 4, i know its horrendous.

Did you say that they saw a sac? The reason i ask is because you mentioned the pregnancy had stopped progressing around 3-4 weeks according to the scan. However, a scan at 3-4 weeks would show nothing. At that stage, even the sac wouldnt show on a scan.

Have they mentioned or have you considered that it may have been a chemical pregnancy?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in