Talk

Advanced search

I’m so scared

(6 Posts)
Foreverhungry32 Wed 30-Oct-19 22:41:13

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or share their experiences as I am so scared right now.
I think I am about 7/8 weeks pregnant. Started bleeding two days ago and had quite heavy cramping. Went to the hospital, had scan and said my womb was empty. Did my HCG levels and they were 1000 and they were worried about baby being ectopic.
Had to go back today got another scan. They said they could see something quite low down. So had an internal and my cervix was closed and nothing in the neck of my womb just blood.
I have to go back tomorrow for more bloods and they said they will go from there. They are still classing me as pregnant but aren’t quite sure where it is??? And if the pregnancy will continue as normal.

I’m so scared right now and just don’t know what to think. I’m in quite a bit of pain with cramping and still bleeding with clots. Has anyone been through this or something similar with a positive outcome? I’m really frightened of the outcome x

OP’s posts: |
Breastfeedingworries Wed 30-Oct-19 22:43:39

flowers hand hold, not sure what else to say but didn’t want to read and run. Xx

Foreverhungry32 Wed 30-Oct-19 22:47:21

Thankyou ❤️ X

debsrose56 Wed 30-Oct-19 23:14:21

Have been there myself twice with ectopics and also had multiple miscarriages too. Your hcg levels on the first draw mean nothing really it's the second blood test that will show if your hcg is doubling appropriately if so then you have hope that this pregnancy will continue normally lots of people have heavy bleed and a healthy pregnancy. If the hgc number has dropped and continues to do so then that unfortunately indicates a miscarriage. If hcg drops then goes up or isn't doubling then this suggests ectopic. Its normal not to see anything on scan until your hcg levels reach around 2000, so pls try not to worry about that. Its horrible being in limbo but will be a little while (repeat blood draws scans) until you know for certain what is going on. Sorry you are going through this I know how horrible and scary it is and hope everything turns out well for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.flowers

Foreverhungry32 Wed 30-Oct-19 23:34:01

Thankyou @debsrose56 and I’m so sorry you’ve been through so much flowers
We’re you in a lot of pain? I have no experience of anything like this. I have a little boy already and my pregnancy was relatively smooth x

debsrose56 Thu 31-Oct-19 06:43:40

I had a faint positive pregnancy test and pain on the side were the ectopic pregnancy was the first time.second ectopic no pain just abnormal bleeding had had a period as normal but 2 days after it had finished I started bleeding again (light) and didn't stop did a test and had a faint positive. So very different both times.. when do you have your next blood test? Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in