Talk

Advanced search

James Paget Hopital referrals?

(3 Posts)
Carlimarie Fri 18-Oct-19 22:37:24

Hi. Would just like to know if anyone has any information on what the department is like at the James Paget Hospital and if they are any good? I’m currently waiting for and appointment with them but have no idea how good they are.
Bit of background info on my situation.
Fell pregnant first month of trying and had DD who was born 2011, plain sailing pregnancy apart from a retained placenta. Tried again for baby #2 with now ex husband but unfortunately had a miscarriage at 8 weeks with a diagnosis of a blighted ovum. Planned pregnancy 2018, happened fairly quickly with new partner but again had another blighted ovum miscarriage at 8 weeks. Took a year to fall pregnant with #4, had early scan at 6 weeks, fetus and HB confirmed but started to bleed again at 10 weeks this time and another scan confirmed the HB has stopped not long after that first scan and miscarried 2 days later. They have all passed naturally without any help but would just like to know if anyone has experience of using the Gynae dept at that hospital. Thanks for your time!

OP’s posts: |
EvadneLannis Sat 19-Oct-19 19:05:12

I have some limited experience of the gynae department at the James Paget. I recently had a surgically managed miscarriage there and my experience was very positive. I met two gynaecologists and various other staff who all were lovely and I was happy with both the care and medical advice I received. I also have found the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit and maternity care (I had my first child there after a complicated pregnancy) to be very good too.
Wishing you all the very best, you have been through a lot. I hope whichever doctor you see is helpful.

Carlimarie Sun 20-Oct-19 13:08:25

Many thanks for your comment EvandeLannis.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in