Talk

Advanced search

MMC 11 weeks :(

(5 Posts)
Cooley Wed 16-Oct-19 02:39:07

Hi

Total newbie here. I've never posted in any kind of online forum before.

I've recently suffered a MMC at 11 weeks. I'm totally heartbroken and to be honest, quite traumatised by it all!!

I'm desperate to give my toddler a sibling but I'm just worried it won't happen. I hate feeling so negative and anxious but I can't seem to snap out of it. I'm 33 and keep thinking that my time to have children is running out, but is it?
I'm scared it's going to take ages to conceive and if I do manage to conceive again, then it will result in miscarriage.

Does anyone have any happy endings/positive stories following on from MMC that will help to give me some kind of hope that next time things will be ok??? Xxx

OP’s posts: |
Lovemylittlebear Wed 16-Oct-19 02:57:43

Hi there

I don’t use Mumsnet anymore but I came across your post and wanted to log back in.

I’m so so sorry for your loss. Miscarriages are an absolute bastard and utterly heart breaking.

I had a daughter without any issues and then when we tried for a sibling we had an ectopic pregnancy followed by two miscarriages. I thought I might not be able to have any more and I found it all really tough. We then got lucky and fell pregnant with our son - 11 months after the first loss. We then went on to have a third baby - she’s a little joy!!! I’m now pregnant again and waiting on an EPU scan as I know I have a higher risk of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. So there is more than hope out there. Please try and take some time to be kind to yourself and to be around people that love you and care about you - it’s a tough time. Xxx

Pumpkinbell Wed 16-Oct-19 03:15:24

Thoughts with you OP flowers. Its hard to forget MC a child at any stage of pregnancy. Me & DH miscarried twice over a 3 year period then 3rd time we were pregnant didn’t initially get excited as kept thinking what if it happened again, but went on to have a healthy DD who is now 6.bear. Also have some friends who MC twice and had an early stillbirth but they went on to have 2 beautiful boys. Happy endings do happen. I am sure it will happen for you in time OP but I would say for the time being concentrate on looking after yourself and staying strong and positive xx Big hugs to you bear

Mystie Wed 16-Oct-19 14:42:12

@Cooley so sorry to read about your recent loss, I have just had a MMC at 43 and am still hopeful that our time will come. I have so many friends in their late 30s and early 40s starting a family. Don't worry about your age, you have lots of time. Be kind to yourself and have faith in happy endings xx

Cooley Thu 17-Oct-19 20:58:52

Thank you to each of you for taking the time to message me. I really do appreciate it. Thank you so much. I've started to feel a little more positive today. I don't think it helps that I often put too much pressure on myself and beat myself up a lot sad
Thank you again ladies xxx

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in