Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

miscarrage

(31 Posts)
pinkum Tue 14-Aug-07 15:16:11

have i had a miscarrage? im bfeeding my 8 month old having unprotected sex. felt pregnant carried 19lb bb up a big hill had sharp lower abdominal pains. it carried on that night, next morning i had a big gush of blood and bled for 6 days. this was 27 days after the start of my last period and i have long cycles. now im having the pmt that i normaly have before my peroids.

moljam Tue 14-Aug-07 15:26:04

i have no idea but wanted to bump for you

pinkum Tue 14-Aug-07 15:28:30

bump for me?

moljam Tue 14-Aug-07 16:01:14

put in back into active conversations meaning someone may se it and help.

Jackstini Tue 14-Aug-07 16:06:00

Pinkum - I would see if you can get an appointment at an Early Pregnancy Unit just to have a scan/check.
Yes, you can certainly get pregnant whilst breastfeeding,
Was the bleeding very different from your normal periods?
(btw carrying a heavy bag would not have made a difference if that makes it any easier)

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:25:29

hi jackstini. i started bleeding all in a bug gush which dousnt normaly happen. and i was talking to a friend who had a miscarrage and she said the pmt was more likely to be the hormone come down you get after a miscarrage. but im not to down about it. on a posative side it means im ready to get preganat again which is what i wanted and if the baby wasnt healthy its better to loose it early than later.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:26:00

sorry i ment big gush.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:34:42

also i live in the sticks and theres no early pregnacy testing unit and its all done now, the bleeding i mean so they wouldnt be able to tell me anything anyway.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:39:24

well never mind. i think i'll go and do some exciting house work instead unless andone fancys being friendly?

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:40:11

i mean anyone. oh dear your spelling pinkum!

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:42:12

its soo refreshing talking to yourself. you get all the best answers

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:43:02

yes pinkum have a gin and set fire to the police station youll feel heeps better

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:45:09

another gin? iv had 15 already and im breast feeding. oh my god! well ok just a little one

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:47:10

better to go out in a blaze of glory though ay? maybe we'll make the national news

moljam Wed 15-Aug-07 09:48:57

pinkum,are you ok?found any answers?sorry i cant help.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:50:37

ok babys woken up now. i was just trying to keep the conversation live while my teething 8 mnth old was asleep in the hopes id get an answer. why is it other people get answers and i dont. too boring i guess. never mind thanks anyway guys.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:51:17

hi moljam. no answers but its nice to hear from you.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 09:56:01

had a funny one way converation though didnt i? bit depressing though. never mind im off to a friends this afternoon. shes on her 3rd baby. isnt that brave? mines settled down again now.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 10:02:01

mmmmmmm

BellaBear Wed 15-Aug-07 10:03:14

how are you feeling? if it was a miscarriage, I suppose you could do a pg test - there might still be some hormones floating around. Actually, doing that sounds really depressing, so maybe not

BellaBear Wed 15-Aug-07 10:04:07

When I had my (quite early) mc, it was a trickle for four days then a lot of bleeding, but I don't think there is a 'normal' way of having a mc.

lissie Wed 15-Aug-07 10:04:12

pinkum, not sure what has happened, but for your own piece of mind i would put it down to an irregular period. it is possible that you have had a chemical pg but not certain and i dont think any epu would be able to give you a definitive answer

belgo Wed 15-Aug-07 10:09:05

pinkum - I agree with Lissie. I had irregular periods while breastfeeding.

pinkum Wed 15-Aug-07 10:09:27

i suppose its just better to forget it but i just wanted to know if i was getting pregnant yet or not cos of breast feeding. i wanted to have a little sibling for babe with the ages quite close together you see but part of me thinks i just couldnt do another baby anyway my hormones are all over the place. i think his teething hasnt helped.

moljam Wed 15-Aug-07 10:11:59

hope it all works out ok for you pinkum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now