Talk

Advanced search

Period after miscarriage

(20 Posts)
Kayney12 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:33:20

Hi

I suffered from a MC around 4 weeks ago and it lasted around 11 days it came away naturally without requiring a d&c I was 7 weeks to the day when it started and I was in mother care which was really surreal:-(

I just wondered how long it will take for my periods to return I stopped bleeding nearly 3 weeks ago now and I just want to try again as I really want another child

Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Tisfortired Sun 06-Oct-19 16:53:53

Hi @Kayney12 sorry for your loss - no advice I'm afraid just solidarity. I had a mc at 7.5 weeks at the end of August/early sept and still no period. I'm going to wait until 6 weeks after my mc which will be the end of next week and if nothing go to the docs.

fallingasleeprightnow Sun 06-Oct-19 17:38:16

@Kayney12 mine took 43 days to return and they are all over the place now. I mc May 2nd.

Ashlee87 Sun 06-Oct-19 21:28:18

Thank you for your reply sorry to read about your loss its an horrible experience to go through isnt it , was your periods regular before your mc? Xx

Ashlee87 Sun 06-Oct-19 21:29:24

How many weeks has it been now and im really sorry for your loss sad

MindyStClaire Sun 06-Oct-19 21:40:54

Sorry for your loss OP. I've just had a missed miscarriage and d&c, my period came back 30 days after the op, my cycle is usually pretty regular at 26-28 days. I was surprised to get my period as I only got a negative pregnancy test a few days before.

Misskg1982 Sun 06-Oct-19 21:46:04

I had a blighted ovum, which is when a fertilized egg never develops into an embryo. We discovered this at our 12 week scan. They gave me meds to bring on a miscarriage, sadly after a month of this (two rounds of meds) I ended up having a d&c. This was at the beginning of Dec'15 and by the end of Jan'16 my periods were back and we conceived in the April.

Ashlee87 Mon 07-Oct-19 22:28:59

Congratulations on your pregnancy x

Lyingonthesofainthedark Mon 07-Oct-19 22:56:48

Mine was years ago. I remember that I has a messy period with bits in around 5-6 weeks later, but then I became pregnant with DD1 a week or two later. I hope that happens to you x

Gin4us2 Mon 07-Oct-19 23:59:25

@Ashlee87 she isn't pregnant now she's had a miscarriage x

Gr1ff Tue 08-Oct-19 12:28:30

I had a natural mc in early September, it finished on the 7th September and my period came yesterday so it took 4 weeks and 2 days. I felt the same as you and I've never been so pleased for it to arrive!

Hoping yours arrives soon x

Ashlee87 Wed 09-Oct-19 13:54:50

Thank you , I spotted 2 days ago once then yesterday once and today again once now nothing im very confused x

Rainey910 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:35:20

I had a MC in September, and went for a follow up scan 1st October where everything was looking back to normal and they confirmed I had already ovulated and to expect a period soon. Based on when I think I ovulated around the 27th (I felt it and the scan confirmed I had ovulated from that side), AF should be due tomorrow. I’ve been pink/brown spotting for 6 days now - did anyone else experience this before their first proper period after MC?

Just want it to come now so we can move on!

alphabetti Thu 10-Oct-19 12:26:12

I had a miscarriage Sept 14th at what would have been exactly 12weeks. I had a scan after the tiniest bit of bleeding at 11weeks and they thought I was behind on dates as there was a heartbeat but I knew my dates were right and sadly I started bleeding almost a week later and then experienced labour pains and passed everything naturally.

I was told to take a test 3 weeks after to check if turned negative but I did it a week later and negative. I bled heavily for a week and then nothing and since Monday this week I had cramps and bit of spotting and then yesterday I can on what I think is my period. I didn’t expect it this early but think well guess it’s another step to getting back to normal and hopefully try again.

I already have 2 teenagers but me and my partner would love a child together but I’m afraid time is running out as I’m 36yrs.

Ashlee87 Fri 11-Oct-19 08:29:21

Yes mine started spotting the same pink brown then weds evening turned into full blown period, they say your period after MC is usually heavy mines just how it normally is. I can hopefully start trying again this cycle x

Ashlee87 Fri 11-Oct-19 08:31:18

You are not too old at 36 you still have time yet :-) really sorry to hear about your miscarriage its such a disheartening horrid experience you just plan your future expecting a baby to be in it :-(

Mystie Fri 11-Oct-19 13:34:46

@alphabetti you are definitely not too old. I have three older children and am really hoping to have another child with my new partner. I'm 43 and am still hopeful it will happen for us. I had a D&C on Tuesday after discovering a MMC at 7 weeks. It's such a difficult journey and I wish the days would pass quicker so we could start trying again but I do want to give my body and my heart time to heal so I can be in the best possible place for the next time x

LELO1321 Sat 12-Oct-19 02:04:07

I'm going through the same thing. My misscarriage was comfirmed by a ultrasound on the 21st sept. for the passed 7 days i was brown spotting now its turing like a period with clots. i feel this is too early to start my period as its only 3 weeks since I misscarriaged
(2weeks after misscarriage was brown spotting) now bleeding on the 3rd week.
is this too early for a period

rmaun1986 Tue 15-Oct-19 16:39:33

I had a medical miscarriage following a missed miscarriage on the 6th Sept. I still have no period nor sign of it, and previously i was clock work 28-30 days. Its making me so anxious and to be honest, I'm really irritable but i don't know if that is a sign of my period on route or because i'm still grieving and dealing with whats happened. I just want to know my body is back to normal. i had very little support, no conversation with the midwife, no follow up. I was told to take a test after 3 weeks - I haven't because 1) they're bloody expensive to buy and 2) its painful to retake knowing i'm not actually pregnant even if to says i am. I know if my period hasn't come after the 6 weeks I need to speak to someone. I'm so mad. sad

Ashlee87 Wed 16-Oct-19 08:29:38

Hi

I was exactly the same as you she told me to test 3 weeks after and i didnt want to see a false positive test but luckily the test said negative i bought a bundle from amazon loads cheaper. Anyway iv had my period come and go so hopefully can start trying again next week x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in