Talk

Advanced search

Genetic Testing

(5 Posts)
testingtesting111 Sat 21-Sep-19 00:29:03

The wait is horrendous. I really hope you get your results soon. Make sure you arrange a follow up with your consultant once you have the results so you can ask questions / explore any appropriate testing.

Hope you're as well as can be. Again, I'm really sorry this has happened to you.

turquoisebaby Fri 20-Sep-19 20:16:25

Thanks for the responses. Ironically my bereavement midwife called today to let me know that the testing was behind due to there only being one pathologist. We have only been waiting 4 weeks so far and expecting to wait a minimum of another 4. It's killing me waiting!

OP’s posts: |
mynameisMrG Thu 19-Sep-19 15:55:35

This happened to us twice and we had to wait between 6-12 weeks. The issue was t perhaps that the results weren’t in, it was more that my consultant only held office hours every couple of weeks so we had to wait for an appointment

testingtesting111 Thu 19-Sep-19 15:52:42

If you mean the post mortem, when we lost daughter at 20 weeks we had to wait around 3 months which I found excruciating. I'm sorry if this has happened to you too. If it has and you want / need to organise a funeral The co-op were amazing. We went to them by chance and it transpired they do not charge for children's funerals.

turquoisebaby Thu 19-Sep-19 15:46:20

How long does it take for results to come back after a late miscarriage?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in