Talk

Advanced search

Feeling better after miscarriage - tips

(4 Posts)
NewtothisFBK4921 Mon 09-Sep-19 15:11:51

Hello, I had a surgical miscarriage last week (Wednesday) at about 8 weeks and took Thursday and Friday off work. I was okay at the weekend, just a bit sore, but today I'm back at work and finding it really hard. Crying a lot (in secret). I never felt too sad about the loss as such, more upset at what my body had to got though, but still I can't stop crying which I assume is the hormones and shock of everything now it's over.

Do you have any tips how to feel better? Did you do anything nice that worked? I don't like feeling low and want to feel myself again.

Also, I seem to have put on half a stone which I have never done before. Hoping it will drop off now my body isn't pregnant but ideally I don't want to indulge in too many naughty treats as not being able to do up my jeans isn't that fun! Did anyone else find they put on weight and did it just go away again?

OP’s posts: |
Buffy101 Sat 14-Sep-19 11:13:17

Sorry for your loss. To be honest I've just recently had a natural miscarriage this week so I'm still in the middle of it all. I was however almost expecting it as my early scans weren't looking great. What has helped me so far is the following
1) Buying something to commemorate the baby, I bought a little bird garden sculpture. It makes me feel a bit of comfort when I look at it.
2) Trying to journal my feelings and use self compassion
3) watching light hearted programmes
4) if you have a friend who's been through a similar loss texting them. Some of my friends have been hit and miss in their understanding but my friend Amy has been amazing.
5) cuddles from your significant other
6) looking at cute animal pictures

Big hugs to you xx

Cpr12 Sat 14-Sep-19 20:29:31

I am so sorry for your loss. It has been almost 6 weeks since my miscarriage. I think the thing that helped me most was downloading a meditation app. It really helped me focus and gave me time to grieve. Other than that a long walk each day with my dogs and husband did me wonders. I struggled as my body was very ill but I made sure I was outside every day. I hope you start feeling more like yourself soon xxx

Trying93 Thu 19-Sep-19 14:25:22

I am sorry for your loss. I had a mc in June at 8 weeks. I was only going to take a few days off work but the midwife told me they recommended 2-3 weeks. I reluctantly accepted a 2 week sick line and by coincidence I had a weeks holiday already booked. Im so glad I took the time off to physically recover and get myself mentally feeling a bit better.

Can you get a sick line? Please don't cry at work. Your work will cope without you for a few weeks. The doctor who done my line even offered to lie on it if I didnt want my work to know. I told them the truth but it was nice to have the option there.

I think you need some time to cry and rest. After that I tried to get back into a routine going to work, the gym, meeting up with friends.

I felt talking to people helped. On here and a few people in real life.

Also having something nice to look forward to really helped me. We booked a few days away and we are goin to a wedding

I put on a stone in the 8 weeks I was pregnant and had lost it within a few weeks and I wasn't dieting or exercising in that time

Take care of yourself ❤

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in