Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage at 10 weeks

(7 Posts)
Guest1233 Thu 22-Aug-19 13:57:52

Is it ment to be this painful but not passing much at all?

I had a big bleed this morning around 7 am which filled a pad with 3 clots.
Since then not much blood in the pad or when I wipe. But lots of lower abdominal pains. They can be every few minutes then go then come back an hour or so.

OP’s posts: |
Trixie121 Thu 22-Aug-19 16:49:48

@ Guest1233 Hi, im sorry for your loss. I had a missed misscarage last month i was nearly 10 weeks. I also had absolutlely no idea what to expect. I will try to give you an over veiw of my experience and i hope it helps in some way x With regards to the pain i was told it would be like strong period pains but it was nothing like that it was intense it reminded me of being in labour. I felt this pain on and off a few times usually when i was about to pass a large clot. My actual misscarage i had very heavy bleeding and huge clotts i had to sit on the toilet for hours. I bled for nearly 4 weeks in total. Although i think this may be longer than average. I hope you are ok and it is over quickly x

Guest1233 Sat 24-Aug-19 06:17:59

@Trixie121 hello I am sorry to hear about your loss and the pain you went through. It's very tough isnt it.

I ended up going back to early pregnancy unit. As I got there well out of the car I passed some clots fairly large ones. The blood was dripping out of my Jean's it was horrible. But they looked after me very well. After a check over they said they will aim for doing a surgical operation due to continuous loss of blood. They reckon 200ml off 2 litres and that was from just arriving at hospital. They gave me 4 tabs to help remove the clots but was still bleeding heaving so had the op about 12am. I was scared but I'm glad I did it now.

They said there was some tissue and placenta high up in the uterus which was causing the bleeding.

I do hope you are feeling ok mentally as well as physically. I'm on the start of the mental rollercoaster at the min I cry as everything just hoping I can get it all out before my younger children are home.

Thank you so much for your reply, I did read it hospital.

Trixie121 Sat 24-Aug-19 18:10:59

@ Guest1233 im so sorry to hear this. It sounds like you've had an awful time. I hope your ok. Are you still in hospital ?Miscarage is so cruel isnt it, you not only have to deal with the loss but the crazyness going on in your body. Its so hard not knowing when it will end so you can begin to move on. I was exactly the same i felt like all i did was sit and cry or act misrable. Its difficult though sometimes i wanted to talk about it but my partner didnt know what to say. I will say though since the bleeding has stopped i have felt better in myself. I dont know if that month would of been terrible even if i wasnt bleeding but they did seem to coincide.

Guest1233 Sun 25-Aug-19 09:53:43

@Trixie121, yes I think I am doing ok, just can not sleep properly at the minute. I'm home now but I feel I slept better in hospital but more mobile at home, it's a hard one. Yeah my body is in pain but my brain seems to think I'm back to normal. Until I see baby posts, or things I have saved coz I wanted to make that or buy it.

My partner deals with loss amazingly but hes the same doesn't know what to say. We have that attachment as theres grow with time. I keep saying sorry to my partner for crying but he understands I need it all out, and very supportive in that way.

Oh I hope when the bleeding stops I feel better.
Do you think you try again in the future? The registor said we could start after 3 weeks but I'm too scared now. We have had 2 miscarriages and it's really difficult to deal with

Trixie121 Sun 25-Aug-19 14:53:17

@ Guest1233 im glad you're home and can begin to get a small sense of normality. Yes i found that after my miscarage, kept getting emails saying this is how far along your baby is, or posts would pop up for baby seats and things. It really upset me at first but im ok with it now i feel like i have excepted it. Im glad you feel your partner is suportive, its such a lonely time. How come you have to wait three weeks to try again ? I was told when the bleeding stops. We have been trying for a week. Im not convinced its gonna happen quickly though it took 18 months to get pregnant when i misscarried. I know what you mean about being scared, im sorry you've had two. Where these back to back ? I just feel like if i dont convince myself everything will be fine next time id never try again. Hope your feeling ok x

Guest1233 Sun 25-Aug-19 15:32:28

I had to have a surgical operation they said to do a test again in 3 weeks if positive to go back. I dont think it will be though. Yes they was back to back one in may then this one. Yes we have to think positively but its difficult due to the hard time. I'm glad you have come to terms with the loss and fingers crossed next time will be your time.
I was on the depo injection for 8 years I feel this may be the reason why.
Was this your first miscarriage? Yes I am feeling much better today. Just need to get my strength back up now.

I hope you are ok

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in