Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage

(13 Posts)
Jay89 Tue 13-Aug-19 11:01:49

Had some bleeding last week on and off went for a scan Sunday and they found 2 babys to early to see heart and 2 other black spaces with nothing in, I started bleeding yesterday again, but red blood but it keeps changing sometimes it pink some times light red, I'm getting cramps, it's not bleeding like a period hardly anything on a pad just when I wipe

OP’s posts: |
soniamumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 15-Aug-19 10:18:42

Hi there @Jay89,

Just bumping this for you so hopefully some Mumsnetter's will be along soon with some useful information. We've also moved it to the miscarriage/pregnancy loss section. flowers

fallingasleeprightnow Thu 15-Aug-19 15:37:28

@Jay89 you need to go back to your epu asap x

Jay89 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:29:14

Thank you

Jay89 Thu 15-Aug-19 16:35:08

My pregnancy tests a darker these are from Monday when I started bleeding till today (Thursday)
I call epu they've said they cant do anything thrill my appointment on the 27th just have to wait 😭 bleeding is slightly heavier but not filling a bad at all but still still bleeding on to it. It's a really snotty consistency but just dark red blood

Jay89 Sat 17-Aug-19 14:55:32

Did another test today (Saturday) still bleeding anybody have any advice

MrsMGE Sat 17-Aug-19 15:42:47

OP, what did the EPU say to you? Did they confirm you're going through a miscarriage? Did they not give you any advice at all? On the assumption that this is what's happening, the bleeding may last 1-2 weeks or longer. Have you passed anything?

Taking pregnancy tests now won't be a good indication because your pregnancy hormones are all over the place. It's very likely that pregnancy test results remain positive for up to 3 weeks following the miscarriage, the EPAU usually recommend to test after 3 weeks.

Are you feeling unwell/bleeding heavily/have fever or any signs of an infection? If so, you need to go back to the EPAU.

Sorry you're going through this flowers

MrsMGE Sat 17-Aug-19 15:47:55

I'm not sure if I understand fully what you're saying, are your pregnancy tests getting darker? And are you spotting or bleeding? If they are getting darker and you're spotting it may be nothing serious, but you should get to your GP and get a referral to the EPAU to see you sooner if they refused to see you on the phone, it might be worth having another scan and your bloods checked if that's the case.

Jay89 Sat 17-Aug-19 17:13:23

I've lost clots the bleeding is heavy but because I'm not going through a pad every hour they wont see me, the pain has subsided now. The test got darker through the week and have remained that way (as dark as the test can get) I'm just giving my self false hope I think. Thank you for replying.

Jay89 Sat 17-Aug-19 17:18:30

Sorry if my post is confusing it's been a stressful week, not only have a got this to contend with my grandad is on end of life care and my uncles been in hospital for leukaemia treatment

SLR1982 Sat 17-Aug-19 18:20:30

Hi @Jay89

Can you look for another EPI close by that accepts walk-ins?
I did that this morning after a bleed yesterday with cramps and passing tissue.
I'm 5 + 3 and the EPU scanned me. There was no gestational sac seen so they think I've miscarried but have taken bloods too and will repeat again on Monday (I'm just to drop-in again as they gave me a second blood form) and then I'll know for sure on Tuesday afternoon if the bloods show my HCG dropping.
Search around and look at all the hospitals in your proximity. If they allow you to self-refer and walk-in they will see and scan you that day.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.x

Jay89 Sat 17-Aug-19 19:15:58

Thank you for your reply. I've had a quick look but cant see like that theres anything like that near by. It's just waiting that's the hard thing. The next scan is on my 30th birthday. So sorry to hear your going through this x

MrsMGE Sun 18-Aug-19 08:38:56

@Jay89 I'd be going to my GP tomorrow if I was you and asking for a referral to the EPU, this way they have to see you. Or even call GP out of hours and get a referral today, make sure you tell them you are bleeding. How far along are you now?

I'd also ask your GP to run blood tests to check hormone levels and I think they should be rerun in a few days' time to check if the levels are increasing or decreasing.

It's not necessarily obvious that this is a miscarriage because in some pregnancies some spotting, even mild bleeding, and cramps, do happen and they are normal. It's hard to tell that's why I think you nerd to at least be seen for your own clarity of mind. Don't sit and suffer there in silence waiting another week and a half. If this is a miscarriage it is likely they won't see you then - what is the appointment on the 27th for, the 12 week scan? If it is a miscarriage then they may not see you then because it's highly unlikely you will be scanned so soon after, or at all, for that matter. The guidance is that after the miscarriage ends you need to wait 3 weeks to take the pregnancy test and if negative, you have no follow up appointment. You'd be seen and scanned if eg you had a follow up infection and/or an incomplete miscarriage, but in any event I don't think they'd be seeing you so soon. It sounds to me you need to be seen now, so if you're not sure if the pregnancy is or isn't viable, get a referral if they're being dismissive. Sorry re your grandad too, I'm also going through another bereavement now and it's a double whammy and not easy at all Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in