Talk

Advanced search

Step Child & Miscarriage

(2 Posts)
msophie95 Sun 28-Jul-19 18:48:30

Four weeks ago I miscarried at 7 weeks. Thankfully it wasn’t physically too traumatic and my body seems to have recovered well from it. Emotionally however I’m struggling. My partner’s way of dealing with it is to just pretend it didn’t happen which is the complete opposite of how I’m dealing with it. Luckily my mum has been a massive support for me over the last month. I now have to face the reality that we are looking after my 4 year old step son for the next six weeks while his mum works 5 days a work. (My partner doesn’t work due to a stroke, and I work self-employed from home) I absolutely love having SS here abe spending time with him, but it’s just hit me that I’ve got to put on my usual happy personality while silently hurting so much inside. I know there will be a fair bit of time when I’ll have to work and I can shit myself away and focus on that, but there’s a couple of days my partner has hospital appointments/tests so it will be just me and SS for most of the day. I feel awful for asking this, but how do I hide my pain of losing our child while watching my partner be the amazing dad he is to his son?

Also I apologise for rambling on 💁🏼‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
boosterrooster Sun 28-Jul-19 22:17:54

I'm so sorry thanks
MC's are just foul. You seem to be handling it really well so far.
Can you line someone up to take care of DSS if you're finding it tough?
My DN was born not long after I had my MC and as much as I wanted to meet her, I dreaded going to the hospital, was worried it would be too much. But once I got there I said F it, and literally prayed (despite not being religious at all!) and asked that the next time I come here, let it be my turn and my own baby that I'm coming to bring into the world. I kept focusing on that thought from then onwards.
There was nothing else I could do but try stay positive and just keep pushing through it and not get sucked into the awfulness of it all

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in