Talk

Advanced search

Is dd pregnant miscarrying?

(8 Posts)
Papergirl1968 Fri 28-Jun-19 19:52:38

Dd, 17, has an 11 week old baby.
She tells me she had a positive pregnancy test last week. Then at the weekend went to hospital with pain and bleeding.
She can’t remember if the hospital did a pregnancy test but the hospital have told her social worker they did, it was negative, and they think the pain and bleeding was just a period.
She’s done a test today that was negative, and she still thinks she’s miscarrying. Though she’s not passing any clots.
Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I’ll attach a photo she sent me which I can’t make head nor tail of. I wondering if she was pregnant last week but has miscarried, but how soon do pregnancy tests turn from
Positive to negative?

OP’s posts: |
Papergirl1968 Fri 28-Jun-19 19:54:47

Here’s a better view

MollyHuaCha Fri 28-Jun-19 19:57:14

No idea. But... a baby at 17 and might be pregnant again? Sounds like she needs some guidance in planning her life.

Papergirl1968 Fri 28-Jun-19 21:04:35

I know.
She’s adopted, lots of issues. I got her on the implant but she moved away and had it removed so got pregnant. Came home and had the baby, and had to leave home again after assaulting me.
She had a doctor’s appointment next week for her post natal check up so hopefully they will speak to her about contraception.

dammit88 Fri 28-Jun-19 21:06:29

That looks a positive test to me.

SickOfBeingFat Fri 28-Jun-19 21:11:35

Looks positive to me

MollyHuaCha Fri 28-Jun-19 21:41:10

You sound like a kind and supportive mum (grandmum).

Hope she's ok, and you too. thanks

Papergirl1968 Fri 28-Jun-19 23:27:09

The latest pic she’s sent is a clear blue one which says not pregnant. It’s hard to know what the truth is as she is a compulsive liar, and i suspect that having had the first baby taken into care, she’ll get pregnant again in the hope it will be different next time.
I’ll get her to retest in a few days.
Thanks all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in