Talk

Advanced search

When to work

(5 Posts)
Chanel05 Wed 24-Apr-19 09:05:44

I found out on 13/4 at a private scan that the baby lost its heartbeat at 8+1. On 15/4 I went to the epu who confirmed this and spoke to me about options as I'd had a missed miscarriage. I was not ready to deal with this and as I was on annual leave anyway, dh and I booked a holiday and left on 16/4, returning 22/4. I had originally planned to have tablets for today and went to work yesterday morning but was so upset I went home. I decided last night not to have the tablets and to opt for surgery instead which can't be done until next Wednesday. I was told to stay off today but when would be a good idea going in to work before next week? I feel like a bit of a fraud at home when I took off on holiday. Now that I'm back I see that I effectively put the whole situation on pause and now that I'm back I've had to pick up where I left off. I am a primary school teacher and not many people at work knew I was pregnant.

OP’s posts: |
Charlied82 Thu 25-Apr-19 22:14:43

Hey @chanel05, i found out on 8/4 that i had lost my baby, i have been off work ever since, i work as a CA in a primary school and couldnt run the risk of bleeding while at work. I tried the natural approach for my mmc but unfortunately it didn't work and ended up with a d&c today, as horrific as it sounds it was honestly the best choice for me as 2+weeks of waiting around was really messing with my head and after the surgery im so annoyed with myself for not going sooner as it was nothing like i imagined it to be. I am booked in with my gp on Monday to extend my sick cert as now the physical side is over i need to focus on getting my head straight again x

Chanel05 Thu 25-Apr-19 22:20:40

@Charlied82 I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that you are able to heal a little now that you have had your d+c. I have decided to stay off until the end of next week so will get my sick certificate on Monday. Feeling very anxious about the surgery but I know that I'm not in the right frame of mind to work now. I sat myself down and thought what do I actually need to help myself heal. I haven't particularly needed to use my brain for the last few days and this has been good for me to simply just zone out most of the time with limited stress other than pegging the washing out.

OP’s posts: |
jackstini Thu 25-Apr-19 22:25:25

Whatever is right for you

I had a MMC - found out at 12 week scan that no heartbeat and was advised to wait 3 weeks to see if I mc naturally

I didn't and had a D&C after 3 weeks but I did work part time during the wait when being at home waiting made me crazy

Sorry for your loss and take whatever time you need flowers

Charlied82 Thu 25-Apr-19 23:05:51

@chanel05 i completely understand your anxiety as i was the same, i was an emotional wreck all morning but if it helps ease your mind in any way i regret not having the d&c sooner, u are knocked out for the procedure and the most discomfort u will feel will be the pessary being inserted! The procedure itself was fine! Goodluck and im here anytime u need to talk or have any questions xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in