Talk

Advanced search

How long before - show after a MC at 6 weeks.

(6 Posts)
Givemethegin Tue 23-Apr-19 15:56:15

My epu nurse told me to wait 3 weeks post miscarriage (after I'd waited two weeks and got a positive result then phoned for advice!).
You can buy a multipack of tests on amazon for under a tenner. I bought 15 for about 7 quid I think. They're not high tech or digital but the same type they use in hospitals and do the same job.

miracleon13th Tue 23-Apr-19 15:34:30

I had my hcg levels monitored when I had a natural miscarriage at a similar time as yours in 2017 - I had weekly tests and I'm sure it took around 3 weeks to get back to 0 x

VenusStarr Tue 23-Apr-19 10:17:29

I still had a strong positive about a week after my bleeding stopped but by the Thursday (3 days later) it was so faint so they can drop quickly. Maybe use your test in a week?

Sorry you're going through this, I never thought I'd be hoping for a negative test when we started ttc ❤️

TheCloserYouGetTheSlowerIGo Tue 23-Apr-19 09:11:24

No bleeding stopped yesterday. Wasn't sure eif too soon. Only have 1 CB left. No where local to buy cheapie. So don't want to waste it so to speak

OP’s posts: |
VenusStarr Tue 23-Apr-19 09:01:58

I'm sorry that you miscarried. It took around 2 weeks for my tests to be negative. I had a mmc at 9+4 but baby was 5 weeks.

Have you tested yet? X

TheCloserYouGetTheSlowerIGo Tue 23-Apr-19 08:52:44

Started bleeding at 5+6.. Bleeding lasted 4 days. Very heavy. Want it confirmed in my head if makes sense. When's the earliest to do a test.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in