Talk

Advanced search

Loneliness

(4 Posts)
Jennifer00 Mon 04-Mar-19 22:25:50

Hi, I gave birth to my baby just over a week and a half ago at 15 weeks at home on my own and held him for a while before the ambulance arrived. I had to go back to hospital for a d&e a few days after which made everything raw again.
Whilst everyone is very supportive I feel very lonely in my grief... my partner does his best but it makes me so angry that he can just carry on as normal, eating and sleeping etc when I just miss so much this little angel who never got to live.
I have lots of people to talk to but I feel so alone. Does anyone have any tips for stopping this isolated feeling?

OP’s posts: |
musicalmama Mon 04-Mar-19 22:44:46

Not got advice as not been in the situation myself but wanted to say I'm sorry you had to go through that. thanks Men are notorious for hiding their feelings, he is maybe hurting as much as you and not showing it. Keep talking about it and maybe seek help and advice from your GP if you feel overwhelmed.

Jennifer00 Tue 05-Mar-19 06:44:12

Thank you for your words ... I have spoken with my gp who was helpful. Unfortunately I was given words of wisdom such as I am lucky to be able to get pregnant and I already have two beautiful children (all of which I know is true and I’m grateful
For) but it doesn’t stop this pain in my heart for this little one 💔

OP’s posts: |
sophied1983 Tue 05-Mar-19 07:55:27

I don't think anyone should be saying "you're lucky you can get pregnant" and "you've got two beautiful children". I think I'd want to punch them in the face. Losing a baby, along with all the hopes, dreams and plans you had attached to them is horrendous whatever your circumstances.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in