Talk

Advanced search

trying for a baby after a miscarriage

(11 Posts)
clare12 Fri 06-Jul-07 21:03:49

has anyone out there recently had a miscarriage and is still trying for another baby if you are now pregnant how long did it take you?

tess01 Sat 07-Jul-07 08:32:00

clare12 im sorry about your loss. I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks back in January, im now 10 weeks pg so ive been fairly lucky to get pg quickly again. At the time of trying again, i felt i was going through the mc again every time my monthly arrived and was taking forever, but in reality it didnt take that long compared to others. Take care of yourself and i hope pg comes your way again soon x

griffintribe Sat 07-Jul-07 10:10:58

I am sorry for what you are going thru.

I had a m/c in February, i was 15 weeks pregnant.

I am still trying very hard and have been since i lost the baby.

My husband has used the word "obsessed" about me a few times lately.

I hope you fall again soon, good luck

clare12 Sat 07-Jul-07 16:48:26

griffin tribe
i do feel for you and i do understand what your husband is saying about becoming obsessed i no that i am becoming obsessed i try not to be but i cant help it i want to be p/g again i already have 2 children aged 8 and 10 so there will be a large age gap but i also feel selfish as i already have 2 childeren and there are so many people that cant have them this has made me more so feel for people that cant have them they must go through hell i want to wish you lots of luck in falling p/g again please keep us all updated

clare12 Sat 07-Jul-07 16:51:58

tess01
thanks for your lovley message and congratulations to u i keep my fingers crossed that you have a healthy happy pregnancy please keep us posted on your progress and fingers cross it will be me soon

lilylilyrose Sat 07-Jul-07 17:17:11

Hi Clare

I had a miscarriage in March 06, I got pregnant again in October 06 and am now 36 weeks. I was surprised it took me 6 months after the MC to get PG again - it was hard, and like tess01 says, every month when my period came I felt awful.

Good luck and I hope it happens for you very very soon - there were moments when I thought I'd never get this far, but it just took a bit of time.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 09-Jul-07 23:50:08

hi clare

i had m/c in Oct and am now 19 weeks pg.I am 40 next week so if it can happen for me...

good luck.its sooo hard i know.I tried for two years (following a stillbirth ) and when i give up, it happened!!

i pray you get a BFP v soon
xx

flibbertyjibbet Mon 09-Jul-07 23:57:39

Hello, I had mc at 41 after years of trying, it did take me 14 months to get pg again, all the time terrified that my age was against me and trying not to think that a m/c might be my only experience of pg. I used to sit in the toilets at work when AF arrived, crying down the phone to dp Well I am 45 this month and have two boys aged 2.5 and 1.2y. It was when I stopped being obsessed that it happened. Good luck it will happen for you.

clare12 Tue 10-Jul-07 12:14:37

hi everyone thank you for you reassuring comments i know you are right i just have to take a lade back approach and maybe i will become p/g

smilesattheweekend Mon 23-Jul-07 21:12:40

Hi clare12

We tried for 6 years to have a baby, I was really obsessed with it all. I had two mc's and had all the tests under the sun at the fertility clinic including a laparoscopy. All tests were clear. We had our names put down for IVF which should have taken plan in february 03, we both made a conscious decision to give ourselves some well earnt time off and to have sex when we felt like it rather than when we felt we should. I then found I was pg on the christmas eve of 02, I was delighted but started to bleed six weeks in (thought I was going to mc again), the little mite stuck though and I had weekly scans. I have a fab son who will be 4 in September. Unfortunately I have just had another mc, but is it going to put me off? Hell no!!! Keep on at it, I think as we had given ourselves a break that made an enormous difference to our mental wellbeing and it had a knock on effect on my body. Good luck, I have everything crossed for you. I am going to have some time off and try later in the year - who knows!!!

X

Smiles

Piggley Wed 01-Aug-07 19:57:55

Hi there, After my first miscarriage I became pregnant the following month and it all went perfectly and had a 10lb 3oz boy!

Last year I had my second miscarriage after a surprize pregnancy, we weren't planning on three children, however after the initial shock we were delighted. Unfortunately at the twelve week scan we found out it was not to be. It did make me realise that I do so want another baby and we are currenly trying. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: