Talk

Advanced search

No heart beat at 12 week scan

(9 Posts)
Loumayb Sat 16-Feb-19 18:17:58

Hi

I went for my 12 week scan on Thursday was planning so much and thinking we would be coming out all happy and ready to show off our photos of our baby, to be told that there was no heart beat.

We are devastated and shocked as there were no signs. We misscarried back in October, my body had dealt with it and i was able to grieve and get over it quick enough as I knew it was gone. This time I have cried many rivers but still can not belive that this has happened as I'm waiting to find out the next steps.

My body is obviously confused as my boobs are still tender, feel nausea occasionally and I must be getting fandom flutters in my tummy.

Does anyone know how long it will take for my body to settle back down? I am guessing when the baby has come away.

Thanks for any words of wisdom people can give me.
Lou

SaltK Sun 24-Feb-19 20:03:12

Hi Lou. I'm really sorry you're going through this. It's a special kind of horrible to still feel the symptom of a pregnancy that hasn't worked out.

I've had 4 missed miscarriages, and it's been different every time, but generally symptoms faded quite quickly after successful management of the miscarriages. I had a natural miscarriage as well, and that took a little longer for things to fade. It all depends how high your HCG levels are and how quickly they drop. Hopefully it won't be too long for you, depending on what course of treatment you choose.

It is absolutely devastating when you find out like that at the scan. I'm really sorry this happened to you flowers

Loumayb Sun 24-Feb-19 20:29:48

Thank you Saltk, I had surgical management of misscarriage on Friday and things seem to have faded alot more now.

I'm sorry to hear you have had 4, it is hard. I have had 2 natural ones previously and yes I agree they are different. Having to make the decision if we are going to try. I have always wanted 2 children and being 40 I don't want to put us throu anymore heart ache. The hospital was fab and have said they would monitor me more and give me extra supplements to support the pregnancy, so that's reassuring. X

SaltK Tue 26-Feb-19 17:33:03

I'm glad things are better for you physically. Good luck with things, it's a really difficult decision about whether to keep going, but glad your hospital are supportive. Take care flowers

Loumayb Tue 26-Feb-19 17:43:12

Thank you, good luck to you too xx

sadtoday21 Tue 26-Feb-19 19:26:13

Hi @Loumayb I am really sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to me at the 12 week scan and I know exactly how you feel - I was so excited and happy too, then just shocked and devastated. I am 2.5 weeks post-op now and still not back to normal yet (still "pregnant" actually, according to the tests, so hormone levels are still high, but I was very far along when it happened). Wishing you a successful recovery and best of luck for the future.

ItsABeautifulDayNow Tue 26-Feb-19 19:27:52

@Loumayb I'm so, so sorry. It's heartbreaking and you sound absolutely lovely thanksthanksthanks

Loumayb Tue 26-Feb-19 19:35:47

@sadtoday21 I am sorry to hear you loss too, it is hard, especially I have found the emotional side harder, still not seen everyone and I'm going back to work next week which i think is going to be hard. We were 8 weeks and 4 days then baby died, so I think the hormones were depleting fairly quickly. Have the op on Friday last week so that has helped me feel more normal. Good luck for the future and hope you feel better soon. X flowers

Loumayb Tue 26-Feb-19 19:37:39

@ItsABeautifuldayNow, thank you, it's is but having positive thoughts and talking to friends helps us get through it. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: