Talk

Advanced search

Just found out my baby stopped growing

(15 Posts)
SparkleFairy6 Wed 13-Feb-19 09:39:50

I am 32 and this was our first baby, I would have been 9 weeks. Monday evening my husband and I went to A&E as I was experiencing some blood, EPAC was closed so couldn’t receive an ultrasound. Was seen to by a physician associate who checked me over and gave urine sample which came back I was pregnant and they booked me in for ultrasound on Friday but said any problems to come back.
Yesterday I was experiencing some more blood (as if it was a period, nothing heavy though) and light cramping. I left work and my DH and I went back to hospital. I received an internal ultrasound and was unfortunately told it was bad news. As you can imagine we are both absolutely devastated. We went back to EPAC and the midwife told me the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. She told me to go back next week but my DH and I are at Edinburgh for a few nights. So was told I could go next Friday but would still have to go in the following Monday to have it confirmed as she said it needs to be a week. So I’m going on the 25th. I am now worried of what will come next. My DH said for us not to go away but it’s half term and I think it will do us some good. I just can’t believe this has happened.

FusionChefGeoff Thu 14-Feb-19 07:16:16

I am so sorrythanks

I am here looking for advice for my SIL so can't give any answers I'm afraid but couldn't leave without posting

I'm sure someone who can support you better will be along soon.

Jammy135 Thu 14-Feb-19 07:46:57

Exactly 2 years ago I was where you are now. It's heart breaking.

I don't really have any advice - just feel free to cry and feel free to talk about it. If you want to go to Edinburgh then go - it might help you to relax and think about something else for a couple of days 😊

I shut my DH out a lot when it was me so I'd just say try not to do that. It put a massive strain on us but we got through it.

Sending love thanks x

SparkleFairy6 Thu 14-Feb-19 08:36:44

Thank you so much FusionChefGeoff I really appreciate your kind words. I just wish it was a bad dream and I’d wake up sometime soon.

SparkleFairy6 Thu 14-Feb-19 08:42:08

Thank you Jammy135 and I’m so sorry you had to go through it too. Feel like someone does it to test us. I guess I’m scared for what is to come next and hope it happens soon as it’s alreasy been a week. I know I shouldn’t think like this but when I do conceive next time I’ll be so worried it will happen again. But I hope and pray that next time everything will be just perfect.
I just find it strange because I never experienced any morning sickness but my MW said that’s normal and some women don’t. But who knows. Thank you so much for your kind reply though.

flumpybear Thu 14-Feb-19 09:23:55

So sorry, been there too a few times and it's not a nice place, but things will get better. Personally I'd still go away, enjoy some time having some fun with your partner - main thing is to go through it together and stay strong, don't do it alone and don't pull apart. Good luck moving forwards, it'll be fine and you'll be knee deep in nappies soon enough wink

SparkleFairy6 Thu 14-Feb-19 09:45:28

Thank you so much flumpybear really means a lot. He’s been my absolute rock since we found out and I know he’s hurting but he’s trying to remain strong the best he can, god love him.
I’m sorry you have also been through it.

Ohhgreat Thu 14-Feb-19 09:57:40

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Be kind to yourself and please don't fixate on morning sickness - I've never had it and all my pregnancies have been utterly normal.

HelloDarlin Thu 14-Feb-19 10:01:40

Your husband sounds lovely. Mine got me through the same thing a couple of years ago... Sorry this is happening to you x

SparkleFairy6 Thu 14-Feb-19 10:04:10

Thank you so much Ohhgreat, I really appreciate your kind words. I guess it’s just One thing you think of when you are pregnant and I kept thinking maybe I’ve got away with it, little did I know or expect what was to come.

SparkleFairy6 Thu 14-Feb-19 10:09:59

Thank you HelloDarlin, I don’t know what I’d do without him. We were just so looking forward to sharing our wonderful news in a few weeks time after our dating scan. I just hope next time it happens we will have some good news but I also worry it will happen again.
I’m so sorry you have also had to go through it.

Jammy135 Fri 15-Feb-19 01:56:34

I didn't pass mine naturally so I opted for the surgical option. There was never going to be a nice way for it to be over with but personally I felt like that was the quickest and less mentally painful way for myself.

I did conceive again and I have a beautiful 6 month old LG who always has something with a rainbow on it 🌈.

We didn't tell anyone I was pregnant again. Close family and friends after my first scan and, unless we saw people, they didn't find out until we'd had her and we knew she was ok. It's such an anxious time and it does get better I promise. Sending lots of love x

SparkleFairy6 Fri 15-Feb-19 07:20:10

Thank you very much Jammy135, it’s just awful knowing how many people it happens to. I keep passing bits of blood like I’m on my period with a small clots (sorry for too much information) so I’m hoping it will happen soon and not be a long process.

Awww what gorgeous news 😊, I can imagine it is a very worrying time when you conceive again.

I know it’s going to happen but my friends sister announced she was pregnant yesterday so that was hard because that should have been my husband and I next month.
I really do appreciate people’s kind comments and knowing I’m not alone. My husband and I have got so much love and support around us we are just so grateful. X

Loti92 Fri 15-Feb-19 22:18:20

Sorry your going through this I miscarried 3 weeks ago it was the most heartbreaking thing Iv ever been through.
Like you I had started to bleed and went to get scanned. At the time my baby was alive with a heartbeat but the sac wasn’t growing as it should be so I was told I was likely to miscarry.
I was terrified to leave the house all week incase it happened whilst I was out, I had no idea what to expect so turned to google and saw horror stories! The day before I went back for my scan I finally started to bleed more like a period rather than spotting and at the scan they confirmed baby no longer had a heartbeat.
I opted for medical management so it would be over quicker and I wouldn’t be waiting terrified fir when it might happen.
If you feel up to going away go for it, from my experience you will spend the whole week with it on your mind and worrying no matter what. The distraction might help you though?
Good luck

SparkleFairy6 Fri 15-Feb-19 22:47:12

Thank you so much. It’s half term so we would only be at home anyway. Yes we will be constantly thinking about it but just nice to get away from everything.
I’m hoping to m/c naturally as I’m experiencing discomfort and bleeding like you say as if I’m on my period. But I need to go back to the hospital for them to confirm the m/c and if nothing has happened then maybe discuss other options.
I’m so sorry to hear of your sad story. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »