Talk

Advanced search

MMC I just want it to be over :(

(8 Posts)
SRK16 Sun 04-Nov-18 17:09:55

Posting to get it off my chest. I started bleeding lightly on Thursday. I was hoping it was okay as had a scan about 10 days prior which said I may get some. On Saturday morning I paid for a private scan which showed our baby had no heartbeat sad
I was 8+2 but scan said baby died at 6+3. I’m still having light bleeding on and off but no sign of anything progressing further. I will see my GP tomorrow to talk through the options. I haven’t been able to stop crying. We have been trying for so long and were so happy our fertility treatment had finally worked.
I just want it to be over, I want it to be out of me sad

I know there’s nothing anyone can say to make it better but I’m so devastated- until now I had no idea that a missed miscarriage was a thing.

OP’s posts: |
NoMalone Sun 04-Nov-18 17:15:42

Im sorry for your loss SRK. It is a horrible loss. My mmc lasted for weeks which seemed to prolong the agony. I was told at the time that it would get easier after the baby's due date. It did too, not immediately but soon after. Knowing that gave me a date to work towards and to allow myself to mourn in the meantime.

Mine was also as a result of fertility treatment. I did go on to have a successful pregnancy, about a year later. It's a horrible, difficult time OP so don't minimise your grief.

SRK16 Sun 04-Nov-18 20:50:06

Thank you NoMalone, sorry for your loss too. I’m glad you had a healthy pregnancy in the end.
This has to be the worst weekend of my life so far. Can’t believe that I’m praying for this baby to be out of me quickly after all it took to get him in there sad

Talkwhilstyouwalk Sun 04-Nov-18 21:58:14

I'm so sorry. I' can totally relate as I had an ectopic pregnancy as a result of fertility treatment last week. When I found out it wasn't viable I just wanted it out!! I just want to forget the whole thing and try again. I've had miscarriages in the past as well but have also had a successful pregnancy. It's really really tough, but my advise is to stay hopeful, as sad as it is you now know that you can get pregnant. Wishing you all the very best thanks

HayleyHaystack Sun 04-Nov-18 23:30:06

Just here to send you my support and understanding. I had similar situation to yours back in April. I also had a private scan at 8.5 weeks with a very weak heartbeat. Bleeding started the next day. Another scan confirmed heartbeat had stopped and I naturally miscarriaged that week. It took 7 days start to finish. The pain is real and it sounds a strange thing to say but embrace your grief, be kind to yourself, and let yourself feel everything. You WILL get through it and soon it will be over. I felt huge relief when I finally got ‘negative’ on a p test. it took a few weeks - I could then feel like me again. So sorry this is happening to you x

SRK16 Sun 04-Nov-18 23:36:03

Thank you both for your messages. I feel very alone right now so it really helps knowing others understand. Currently curled up with a hot water bottle, in pain, hoping this means maybe things will get moving soon.

crazyforpiggies Mon 05-Nov-18 10:31:14

Hi. I just wanted to say im in a similar situation. I had my scan on thursday. The night before the scan I had some cramps and a little bleeding so I knew something was wrong.

The scan reveled that baby stopped developing at 6 weeks but the sac had continued to grow up until around 10 weeks.

I feel so heart broken and cant stop crying, I just want my baby back.

Like you I want this over with as quickly as possible. Ive had some light bleeding but it seems to have stopped.

I just want you to know you're not alone, there's lots of us going through the same thing. As heartbreaking as it is to read other womens stories I've also found it comforting to know thst im not alone and my story isnt unusual.

I wish you all the best.

SRK16 Mon 05-Nov-18 11:06:22

I’m so sorry that you are also going through this. I hope it is over quickly for both of us x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in