Talk

Advanced search

Ongoing bleeding and Tranexamic Acid

(5 Posts)
KatieJayne86 Thu 01-Nov-18 20:53:14

Hello. I’m really hoping someone can shed some light. I will try and keep it short..

I am still bleeding nearly 9 weeks on from medical management (our baby was measuring 6 weeks at the time). Retained tissue was found about 3/4 weeks down the line, but resolved itself by a follow up scan on 2nd October. Fast forward to today, 1st November, and I’m still bleeding. Tests are negative now (that took ages too) but bleeding had me back in the gynae assessment unit this week as was heavy (gushing). They’ve examined me again, took four swabs, and everything seems fine. Apparently the scan on the 2nd October was super clear. They are rescanning me next week to see if there is anything abnormal which could be causing the ongoing bleed (I guess fibroids and the like).

Has anyone else bled for so long despite no longer having retained tissue or an infection?

The hospital put me on Tranexamic Acid. 500mg, four times a day. I’ve had 24 hours on it so far and I’m no longer bleeding AT ALL, which you would think is a good thing, but now I can just feel it almost stuck down bellow. Like a balloon needing to pop. It’s horrible and I don’t want to continue with the tablets. Does anyone have experience of this?

It doesn’t rain it pours ay!

Thank you all in advance!

OP’s posts: |
NotToday1601 Fri 02-Nov-18 10:10:33

Hi lovely
Sorry you're having such a tough time.
I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago at 15 weeks. I delivered the baby naturally but had to have a D&C for the placenta. However before I delivered the baby at home (it was a shock!) I had that feeling you describe and it's continued. It's transpired I have a slight prolapse which may be the same for you. I'm having some physio and doing lots of pelvic floor exercises to try and get the muscles strong again.
Get it checked out and get yourself some answers.
Also I've taken tranexamic acid in the past for heavy periods and they can make you feel a bit rubbish too, take care of yourself xx

KatieJayne86 Fri 02-Nov-18 10:41:55

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for replying.

I have just googled the symptoms for that and I think you could be right!

I have follow up internals and scan on Tuesday so I will ask about that now. Thank you!

Boo2you Sat 03-Nov-18 11:17:11

I did after a TFMR it wasn't like a period as I wouldn't bleed all day then I would have like a flood of bright red blood - it turned out to be uterine AVB which is when following MC or termination the arteries and veins fuse together - it is incredibly rare though mine was a bad case of it and I had to have an operation but if it was this and the bleeding had stopped it could just repair itself!

KatieJayne86 Sat 03-Nov-18 12:47:27

Thank you.

I just don’t know what mine is. I’m tempted to say horomonal because it’s bright red, then goes lighter and tails off, one or two days of minimal, and then it comes right back again.

It’s stopped with the acid but I really don’t like the acid sad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in