Talk

Advanced search

Am I having a miscarriage?

(5 Posts)
kourtsjade Tue 16-Oct-18 08:50:32

Hi,

Just a bit of background, I use the implant however I had it removed on 24th August and then put back in on 14th September, during this time it is possible I got pregnant as my fiancé’s condom spilt (sorry too much info). I usually do have heavy periods however they are much lighter when I’m on the implant and only last for a couple days and I can go months without having one.

I’m worried that I might have been pregnant (without knowing) and miscarried. The past two days I have been having what I thought was a heavy period, but just this morning I passed two big dark red clumps of tissue which has never happened on my period.

I’m not sure what to do and if this even is a miscarriage. Any advice or help is really appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
kourtsjade Tue 16-Oct-18 08:57:16

*also forgot to say that I really bad pains in my lower back yesterday like the ones I experience when having a heavy period

saddnessinseptember Sun 21-Oct-18 19:51:49

If you do a pregnancy test, if you’ve had a mc then it’ll likely by positive still as the pregnancy hormones usually take a couple of weeks at least to leave your body - if you’ve not then it’ll definitely be negative. Hope this helps - sorry you’re going through this xxx

Mumtogirlsx Fri 09-Nov-18 00:57:19

Hi did you ever get any answers to this. I didn't expect to be pregnant as i have not long had my baby girl. I had a mirena coil inserted and I was out shopping with hubby 2 weeks later and I felt really tired and bottom of my back was in so much pain. I went to work that night and started bleeding my back was agony for next day I have now bled for about 12 days and last night when I wiped I found this part tjat came out of me I am worried of miscarrage without even knowing I was pregnant sad

kourtsjade Fri 09-Nov-18 10:54:21

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that. I called the doctors and they explained that sometimes when you go back on certain contraceptives that your period can be much heavier and painful. To be 100% sure I went in for a blood test as then they can confirm whether or not you miscarried due to the pregnancy hormone. I hope this helps and you start feeling better soon

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in