Talk

Advanced search

When can we start having sex again?

(2 Posts)
BirthdayKake Mon 08-Oct-18 06:25:23

I've had a missed miscarriage sad

Scan today at 12 to see if everything is gone. I think it will be as I had contraction like pains last Thursday followed by two large clots. The bleeding has got gradually lighter since then.

We are desperate to try again - when can we start?

OP’s posts: |
Lemon1 Mon 08-Oct-18 07:14:19

Hi birthdaykake im so sorry for your recent loss sad it’s the hardest thing i have ever been through. There is so little out there on what to expect after a missed miscarriage - I guess as everyone has a different story.

I had a missed miscarriage at 11weeks in July and had a ERPC a week later. I was desperate to try again so did start trying after I had stopped bleeding which was about 2 weeks.
I continued to get positives on pregnancy test and was filled with hope i could be pregnant so quickly again. However after a few blood tests It was apparent that I had the hcg hormone in me and this didn’t get down to 0 until 6 weeks after the op.
I then had a small spotting period which lasted a week and continued to try. I have come on my first proper period this week! Which I am really happy about as I feel that my body has finally reset! All in all it has taken 11 weeks to get here! Which at the beginning would have seems a lifetime ago however me and hubby have filled our time with dates, a holiday, days/nights out exploring and it has taken our minds of it slightly! We are going to ttc again this month smile

I hope today you see you are healing and fingers crossed for your BFP super soon xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in