Talk

Advanced search

Baby loss awareness month/week

(3 Posts)
MrBull Wed 03-Oct-18 08:16:17

I know this is an important initiative. It's important to raise awareness of the many preventable issues that can cause miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death. It's good to remember all the babies we've lost, but does anyone that has been through the loss of a baby find this a hard time of year? It's got so big now it's unavoidable and I see so many mentions of it everywhere. Maybe I'm at a stage of grief where I'm still not ready for it, but I find it a bit exhausting - the constant reminders and focus on it. I think about the little boy I lost every day, but I guess in a more natural way for my mind to process as it doesn't feel so relentless. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well. I just find the focus on it for a whole week (possibly month now?) hard, but appreciate why it's done.

OP’s posts: |
Lumpy76 Wed 03-Oct-18 10:51:20

I’m with you...I’ve lost 3 babies - years apart (22 yrs ago, 3 yrs ago and 2 weeks ago) All the end of August and through September and I find it too much. I try to ignore it tbh. I do want to talk about it but I don’t want to emblazon it all over Facebook or do the “wave of light”.

MrBull Wed 03-Oct-18 16:36:49

Yeah, it just feels quite an intense time. If it was one day, it wouldn't be so bad.

thanks @Lumpy76, I'm so sorry for your losses x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in