Talk

Advanced search

Endless spotting after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
waterfeature Sat 18-Aug-18 22:55:44

Three weeks ago I had my fifth miscarriage. It was really early (five weeks) but extremely dramatic -- lots of clots and extremely heavy loss, then it almost stopped the next day. But the light bleeding/spotting is still going on, 3 weeks later.

You'd think I'd be an expert by now, but this is different from my previous experiences. I can't bear the thought of going to the EPU (site of much previous misery) to be checked out, but should I?

TIA

OP’s posts: |
waterfeature Sun 19-Aug-18 21:12:13

Anyone?

radderss Mon 20-Aug-18 20:34:17

I didn't want to read and run so just wanted to say that I would go to the doctors. Don't go EPU if you don't want to but make an appointment at the doctors and see what suggest. More so because you are still spotting. Worth just seeing what they say in my opinion xx

ClaireUnderwoodforPresident Mon 20-Aug-18 20:47:31

Sorry for your loss opthanks I had a miscarriage last year after IVF and it took about 40 days for the spotting to stop. Only when my next period came and HCG returned to zero did it end. If you feel unwell in other ways I'd visit your EPU in case of infection etc.

waterfeature Tue 21-Aug-18 10:18:33

Thanks both, good advice.

waterfeature Fri 24-Aug-18 21:38:52

I did go to EPU in the end. Horrible to be there to have my empty uterus scanned. Apparently they can see some retained tissue in there but for reasons of “protocol” they are treating it as a “pregnancy of unknown location”. They took a blood test today and will repeat it Sunday. Why on Earth?! There is clearly nothing in there... Presumably they will do an ERPC assuming normal blood tests? They didn’t tell me anything!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in