Talk

Advanced search

What’s a first period after miscarriage like?

(4 Posts)
ohhellojo Tue 24-Jul-18 14:49:57

I’ve had two mc’s now, the first at 5 weeks was fairly striaghtforward and ‘simple’ (if a mc can ever be described as simple) whereby it was like a super heavy, rather crampy period and then my cycles continued as normal.

I had a mc at 11 weeks last month which literally took the whole month for bleeding to completely stop.

Now I’m on my first period since the mc and Christ Almighty it’s almost like another mc. I’m just wondering if this is normal, or maybe it is another mc, or maybe there’s something been overlooked and I have an issue from last months debacle. I usually gradually come on over a day or so and this started like switching a lightbulb on - and so heavily!

How heavy is this period meant to be? I get everyone is different, but compared to usual periods is this one meant to be different?

As I say, the first time there was no difference at all, so this has taken me by surprise!

Any info would be greatly reassuring right now!

OP’s posts: |
Namechangefailagain Tue 24-Jul-18 18:48:06

I lost my daughter at 20+2 (although I did have a normal delivery)
I've had 3 periods since and they have been extremely heavy and have lasted longer, I've been to the doctors they don't seem concerned so i assume it's normal.

anotherangel2 Tue 24-Jul-18 18:49:39

Nurse mentions to me that often subsequent periods can be heavier.

ohdeardeardear Tue 24-Jul-18 20:07:22

Mine have been awful since my miscarriage. Sorry for your loss thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in