Talk

Advanced search

misoprostol

(5 Posts)
Mabelmay87 Wed 11-Jul-18 10:52:26

I'm sorry it's not working for you. From what I've heard it can take time and a couple of doses. Having surgery is a lot quicker but I actually found the speed of finding out to having it all taken away from me quite traumatising as well. I literally went from being pregnant and thinking everything was fine to waking up in recovery feeling an incredible sense of loss and emptiness within 48hours. So there are pro's and cons to all methods. Use this time to start coming to terms with things. I know you want it to be over. It will be soon.Xxx

LJS8987 Tue 10-Jul-18 12:29:43

Hi
Part of me wishes I'd have opted for the surgical management...nothing has happened following taking the tablets at all...if anything my bleeding has reduced.

If nothing has happened by Sunday I have to phone the EPU again for a second dose and hope those work!

I'm just so fed up of it all now I feel that all this hurt is just being drawn out

Hope you are ok xx

OP’s posts: |
Mabelmay87 Tue 10-Jul-18 10:59:23

Hi, just wanted to check in and see how all was going? I've not had the medical management (had 2x D&C's).
Hope all is going as planned and you're not in too much pain.xx

LJS8987 Mon 09-Jul-18 21:45:56

Nearly 12 hours now and still nothing...any advice/ similar experiences greatly appreciated
xx

LJS8987 Mon 09-Jul-18 16:16:10

Hi all

I've been to EPAU this morning following mmc last week, not everything came out naturally and so I opted for medical management.
Took misoprostol at half past 10 this morning and as of yet nothing has happened...is this normal? I was expecting much worse in a shorter time

Quite honestly this has been one of the worst experiences of my life and I want it to be over...was I expecting too much too soon??

Thanks

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in