Talk

Advanced search

Prolonged bleeding after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
pastaforbreakfast Wed 13-Jun-18 23:57:25

I'm still bleeding 4 weeks after miscarrying at 6 weeks. No other symptoms. I've looked up 'signs of infection' and no smell, fever or pain, although have had constant blood discharge with occasional (once a week for last 3 weeks) heavy passing but only once then once wiped away back to just brown/red discharge. Do I need to see someone ASAP or wait it out another week or so? Everywhere states I 'should' stop bleeding after 2 weeks but has anyone bled longer and been fine?

Obviously after reading you can get septic infection and would need hysterectomy or die, I'm worried I've been blaze up to this point?!

MilkyCoffeeAndSkinnySyrup Thu 14-Jun-18 00:04:53

You should see somebody. There still might be remains left in your uterus that you may need medication or surgery for! I'm so sorry for your loss btw. Take care and please get seen to!

bluebird3 Fri 15-Jun-18 21:09:19

I bled for about 5-6 weeks after a mc at 5 weeks. There was nothing wrong, just took a long time for everything to move out. It wasn't heavy bleeding though. I was being monitored about 1/week by the EPU via blood test. Maybe ask for that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: