Talk

Advanced search

Molar

(3 Posts)
chester345 Sat 09-Jun-18 19:27:46

Hi all!
So 4 weeks ago I had a d&c and today I got a letter saying there's a possibility of a partial molar pregnancy & once a second opinion has been sought they will be in touch. Has anyone ever had experience of this? I've done a bit of looking online but would prefer some anecdotes to put my mind at rest. Anything is helpful at this stage. Thank you!

StargazyDrifter Sun 10-Jun-18 12:03:58

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this, but just wanted to say hang in there and commiserations. I had the same procedure (but no letter) earlier in the year. It's all so unsettling, but we have to keep going. I hope you get some positive stories of reassurance. Have a look at Tommy's as well. flowers

TowerRingInferno Wed 13-Jun-18 22:39:30

I had a partial molar pregnancy about 5 years ago. I found out at the follow up for my ERPC, about 6 weeks after it took place.

Things might have changed, but what happens next is that you get referred to Charing Cross or Sheffield hospitals (whichever is nearest), assuming you are in the uk. You probably wouldn’t have to actually go there, but you’ll be monitored by them in the form of urine tests (pregnancy tests really) to check your hcg levels. In most cases they’ll be negative or fall to zero quickly. Occasionally they don’t and further monitoring and treatment is necessary.

I was unlucky as my hcg levels just plateaued for months and I had to have chemo to get them to fall to zero, but that’s the exception rather than the norm .

More than happy to answer any questions if I can. Try not to worry, if you can. 💐

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: