Talk

Advanced search

Can someone help me..

(2 Posts)
paigeleeforever182 Tue 29-May-18 09:45:54

I have good and bad days, but I’m feeling down today. So I thought I’d share my mc stories to see if anyone can explain what’s going on or has had similar stories. This post may be kinda long.My first pregnancy was in Feb of 2017. My period is very regular, and a couple days before my period was due I started spotting which was abnormal. I took a test that came out with a very very faint positive. So I waited a week and tested again, and got a darker positive. I went to the doctor and confirmed a blood test. I was very early, about 4 weeks pregnant. I had no symptoms the whole time, and I got up to about the time I was supposedly 7 weeks. During my 6-7 week of pregnancy I would get these very sharp pains in my right shoulder and down my side. It felt like a sharp stabbing pain. I went to the er one night, and they had told me my hcg levels dropped and I was going to miscarry even though I didn’t have any miscarriage symptoms. I waited 2 weeks before the bleeding came. Dr. Did one final ultrasound and saw nothing, Not even a gestational sac. But she did tell me she didn’t see an ectopic pregnancy. She Confirmed it was a mc and that was that. We were devestated. We wanted to try again, and it took me a year to get pregnant again. I found out I was pregnant just this past March. With my second pregnancy, my period was a week late so I tested and got a positive. This pregnancy felt different. Not too many Symptoms, but I definitely felt more tired and nauseous. Although never any actual morning sickness. I called my dr. (Different doctor than last time, because we had moved to a different town) and she said I would have to wait until at least 7 weeks before she’d see me. I already had prenatals I was taking, so I waited. I could’ve been earlier than that, but judging by my last period I was around 7 weeks. She did a blood test and confirmed the pregnancy, and told me to come back in a week for my first ultrasound. We were very excited. But a couple days later before the week was up, I started spotting. I didn’t think anything of it and tried not to worry, but the bleeding got darker and heavier. I went to the er where again my hcg levels were going down (Although they were higher this time around. They were 3,000. Last pregnancy they only tested around 250) and there was nothing on my ultrasound. This would’ve been my first child. My fiancé and are so beyond hopeless. The doctors don’t seem to care (I am only 21, so I feel like my age has a lot to do with that) I don’t understand how I can be supposedly 7 weeks pregnant and yet a gestational sac cannot even be seen. I compare myself to Everyone else’s pregnancies and ultrasounds at 5-6 weeks. And I just wonder why my body is failing me. Today is one of those rough days. Needed to share my story. I’ve kinda given up at this point. Drs have told me 2 miscarriage’s is “bad luck” and they refuse to do any kind of testing. I think it’s terrible I have to have another loss for them to decide they wanna do something about it. Just wanted to see if anyone out there has had a similar mc story (Mine seems to be very unique from others I’ve talked to) or if anyone has anyone can tell me what’s going on or has any advice as to where to go from here. Feeling like I’m the only one today when I see everyone else’s pregnancies even though I know I’m not. Thank you for taking the time to read. Praying for us all 😔😔

OP’s posts: |
PineapplePrincess Tue 29-May-18 10:33:00

Hi @paigeleeforever182. So sorry for your losses, miscarriage at whatever stage can be devastating; particularly if the pregnancy is much wanted. flowers

Are you in the UK? Some of your terminology sounds a little American?

Generally in the UK the doctors will not investigate miscarraige until there have been three successive losses. They will occasionally investigate earlier if you have an advancing maternal age (38+) and/or have been trying to conceive for more than two years.

I’ve now had four losses, ranging from 5wks to 8wks, and only now been referred to Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic - mainly because they wouldn’t count the early losses and put each miscarriage down to ‘bad luck’. Doesn’t help I’m in my early forties, so time is not on our side.

You can approach your doctor and asked him/her to run some basic blood tests and see if there are any obvious causes that can be eliminated. There is also a lot of info out there in terms of what you should and shouldn’t do to promote pregnancy - you need to judge for yourself what might work for you.

Meantime there are groups like this to chat, exchange advice and vent frustrations. There are also support services out there if you feel you need someone independent to talking to.

{{{hugs}}]

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in