Talk

Advanced search

Mmc

(410 Posts)
yellowmellw Thu 10-May-18 11:56:13

Went for my 12 week today and baby had stopped growing at 8+4. They are giving me a week to see if things move on their own. Don't know how to feel but so feel guilty

PineapplePrincess Fri 05-Apr-19 23:15:52

Hey @Pamplem00se, glad to hear things are going well; and sending positive thoughts and best wishes for the next scan.

I was never quite sure whether multiple scans were a good thing - it was good to have the reassurance that things were progressing as they should, but my nerves were shot leading up to the scans each time.

My nausea was horrendous this last pregnancy, ended up signed off from work. Had really bad ‘morning sickness’ with first DS too, so I would definitely take it as a good indicator.

We are beginning to get a bit more settled and find a routine these days. A few bumps with BF and having to top up with formula, then finding out Gabe has a protein allergy (just like his big brother!). Switched to medicated formula, so hopefully that works!?!

Hope all is well with you @Michelle0507. xxx

@Ladybug84m sending heaps of baby dust your way. Hope you are doing well. xox

Pamplem00se Tue 02-Apr-19 13:41:30

How are you all doing ladies?
So I'm just over seven weeks now and had a reassurance scan last week and everything looked fine. Unlike all of my other pregnancies (including three successful ones!) I've had no bleeding at all so now find myself worrying about the lack of bleeding! Sods law!
Have another scan next week which I'm keeping my fingers crossed for.
I feel pretty dreadful (all day nausea) which I didn't have with my miscarried baby so I hope that's all a good thing.
Ho0pe things have settled down for you @PineapplePrincess (Seb is a lovely name!) and that @Michelle0507 you're finding the anxiety eases as time passes.
xxx

Michelle0507 Sat 09-Mar-19 21:35:45

@PineapplePrincess I just went on the internet and did a referral for Trent PTS who are local. Midwive dismissed it and told me I wouldn't be maternal if I didn't worry - she's an idiot.

I like it! The only name we've agreed on so far is Seb. The other half isn't even willing to consider any other names now, wish I'd never said it. Lol

PineapplePrincess Sat 09-Mar-19 21:25:07

@Michelle0507 - can I ask how you made a referral for counselling; was this via your GP? Tempted to do the same, although I’ve cried on so many midwives this week they may refer me themselves.

@Ladybug84 - good to hear your cycles are back on track. Sending baby dust your way. xox

PineapplePrincess Sat 09-Mar-19 21:17:19

We’re thinking Gabriel (or Gabe the babe) for short, @Michelle0507.

Michelle0507 Fri 08-Mar-19 20:42:45

Oh no @pineappleprincess, so glad he is better.

What did you call him? Apologies if you said and I missed it x

PineapplePrincess Fri 08-Mar-19 20:37:53

@Pamplem00se - yay!?! Oh wow, fab news - so excited for you. Completely understand your cautious approach however. I have fingers and toes crossed, but still quietly sqeee-ing.

@Michelle0507 - hope everything is progressing smoothly with you guys.

We’ve had a bumpy first week. Baby got readmitted to hospital this week due to severe jaundice. We have narrowly avoided a complete blood transfusion, his bilirubin levels were so high; but three days on phototherapy, jaundice seems to be reducing and we’re hoping to get home tomorrow.

Needless to say I have been an emotional wreck, convinced that everything was doomed and we were going to lose him somehow. I think the rollercoaster last two years is catching up on me.

Michelle0507 Fri 08-Mar-19 16:15:05

I hope things work out for you, be kind to yourself.

Ladybug84 Fri 08-Mar-19 14:40:29

@Pamplem00se
That's great news!! I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! Keep us posted xx

I've been quietly following this thread. It's great to see good news come in ☺️
I'm currently on the last days of my period. This is the second period since AF finally made its return in February (miscarriage was in August). Cycles are back on track, So we're ready to start TTC again. I hope it happens quick like the last time and that this time all goes smoothly. I'm sick of all the bumps on the road I've had since last summer 😓
happy day to you all brave warriors xx

Michelle0507 Fri 08-Mar-19 12:21:47

Hi Ladies,

I'm good thank you 22+3 and the bump has appeared. Can't wait to meet him.
Really nervous still I've done a referral for counselling.x

Pamplem00se Fri 08-Mar-19 11:19:50

@PineapplePrincess WELL DONE! I'm so pleased to hear about your little chap smile I hope that he's settling in well.....
@Michelle0507 how are you doing lovely?
So news from me.... I've got an appointment at the end of the month for cyst / query infertility / irregular cycles and spotting. I've been feeling a bit out of sorts this week so I did a pregnancy test.... and I'm pregnant. At least today. Incredibly early days but I'm hopeful and happy.... although I was beginning to come to terms with it not actually happening. Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
xxx

Ladybug84 Thu 28-Feb-19 07:33:35

@PineapplePrincess

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing the news. So happy for you and your success story. Loads of love 💕🎉🍼🍭🌷

PineapplePrincess Wed 27-Feb-19 21:22:04

waves to all

Hope everyone is doing okay. We’ve had a bit bit of a bumpy week, particularly after my waters broke Monday at 36+6. After delaying for steroid injections we finally got to meet baba this morning.

All 6lb 5oz of bouncing baby boy. He’s made it safe and sound, and is as cute as a button (a hairy little button - which may explain the horrific heartburn!?!)

Don’t give up ladies. Four miscarriages down, and at a 42, it is still possible.

Michelle0507 Fri 22-Feb-19 20:19:28

Thank you. From my experience working with children boys are a lot more loving and cuddly compared to girls.

It sounds like things could be hopeful for you. Just take care of yourself and be kind to yourself x

Pamplem00se Fri 22-Feb-19 20:14:15

So pleased to read this, congratulations @Michelle0507 my little chap is lots cuddlier than my girls (clearly love them all the same, but it's a nice side of having boys!!!). It gives me lots of hope (for me) and feelings of warmth for you!
My scan showed a cyst that's grown from my July scan, but GP is reassured as cancer markers normal in blood test and progesterone on the low side but suggests I'm ovulating (and possibly beginning to sort itself out after the last hellish year). Feeling cautiously optimistic! I've so much on right now that I think a pregnancy would freak me out a little (!!) but still hoping it will happen sooner rather than later.....xxx

Michelle0507 Fri 22-Feb-19 18:55:05

All was well at my 20w scan and it's a boy.

Hope you're all well lovelies.x

sadtoday21 Wed 13-Feb-19 17:46:31

@Pampl3m0usse I’m so sorry for your loss. The same exact thing happened to me - mmc at 12 week scan, stopped growing at nine weeks. It was four days before the one year anniversary of my mom’s death last year from breast cancer. And my first and only baby. This all happened to me on Thursday and I feel so empty inside. I just touch my stomach at night and think about my baby.

Sending you hugs and hope you find the strength to get through this. xxx

sadtoday21 Wed 13-Feb-19 17:40:59

OK this is just to vent...I think the stigma surrounding miscarriage is absurd and completely backward. Women don’t talk about it, doctors act like everything is fine until it actually happens, nobody warns you how common and tragic it is. And also no one says the right thing unless they’ve gone through it. I had to take an hour train and taxi ride after my D&C and the cab driver just kept yelling at me while DH was is the pharmacy getting me some pads. I turned to him and said I just had surgery for mmc and can you give me a break here???!! He just muttered angrily at me. I wonder how he would feel if he had a baby die inside him and it was dead for three weeks and he didn’t know it was dead and just kept loving it and then had to get it cut out of him.

Michelle0507 Wed 13-Feb-19 16:43:09

@pamplem00use lovely to see you back. Hope the scan goes well.

@PineapplePrincess I think things are well, I'm just so anxious I'm almost blocking it out to protect myself. I spoke to MW re anxiety she dismissed it all and told me I wouldn't be maternal if I didn't worry, there is worry and then not sleeping & not talking about the pregnancy!
I have my 20w scan Tue, hoping that'll ease my anxiety. I don't look preg and haven't felt anything so I think all those things have just added.
I haven't bought anything, my Aunt keeps buying bits I'm waiting for the 20w scan!xx

PineapplePrincess Tue 12-Feb-19 08:12:08

waves

Good to hear from you @Pamplem00se, hope scan yielded some results. Glad to hear you’ve found a new job and have started OU. Hope anniversary passed without too much upset - always a difficult time flowers

@Michelle0507 - how’s pregnancy progressing? Hopefully you and bubba are doing well.

We’re on the final strait, 35wks today. Finishing up from work next week. It’s been an odd time, ups and downs as bump has grown and realisation sunk in. But really struggled to have the innocent excitement that comes with a pregnancy pre-miscarriage.

Not bought anything for baby, relying on DS’ hand-me-downs mostly. Hoping that once bubba makes his/her appearance that nerves will finally dissipate and we can enjoy the new arrival. xxx

Pamplem00se Fri 08-Feb-19 13:53:40

Ladies how are you? I was so pleased to read about your news Michelle. I'm going for a scan today to try and find out what's going on with me. Cycles all over the place and ridiculously low progesterone.
I got through my mum's anniversary and have started a lovely new job plus my open university degree so much happier but hopefully will have a pregnancy to enjoy soon xx

PineapplePrincess Sat 05-Jan-19 00:04:22

@Michelle0507 - fab news. Glad all went well. Summer baby too - hopefully some sunshine to enjoy during the maternity leave.

@ChattyL, might be worth making some IVF enquiries, just in case. We are Scotland based, there appears more support here for advancing age mothers; however we would have been excluded as we had DS. It was crushing to have that route closed to us, even though we were fortunate enough to have a child already.

PineapplePrincess Fri 04-Jan-19 23:59:10

Oh @Apple103, I’m so sorry to hear your news. flowers.

There are no words of comfort right now, just know that time will eventually help and that you need to give yourself the space to grieve and be kind to yourself in the process. Hugging DS tightly is always a bonus too, I’ve found.

I’m glad to hear your getting some testing done. Perhaps this will provide some answers and direction.

Feel free to ramble here. We’re here to listen and support where we can. xxx

Apple103 Fri 04-Jan-19 23:09:42

Hi my, I cant find my previous threads to update. I went for the first scan at 8wk and no heartbeat but hcg levels rising. Then a week later which was yesterday the doctor confirmed that I'm having a MMC.

So this morning I had the d&c procedure to remove everything. It will be sent off to the lab to be examined and in a week we will discuss what happened. To say we are devastated is putting it mildly .

We struggled with conceiving my ds1 and only after traumatic fertility treatment were we successful. So this time around and after two years of trying we were ecstatic that we managed to do this on our own. But it was not meant to be.. Just feel numb, trying to keep busy. My dh took time of week as we need time to process this. Sorry just rambling.

ChattyL Thu 03-Jan-19 14:23:24

Hi @pineappleprincess just have read it so far booked appt to see doctor next Friday for more clarification, in Northern Ireland unfortunately it’s only 1 NHS IVF that’s offered, not fair when we’re sll part of the UK think Scotland is the best for this, no children either side for us.
@michelle0507 sooo happy to see your photos that’s amazing, I was scared to ask as you hadn’t posted, but so good to see wee baby and all is going well xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: