Talk

Advanced search

MMC - OH dealing with things totally different

(4 Posts)
Dav029 Sat 17-Mar-18 13:25:24

Found out on Thurs my first pregnancy has ended with a MMC. Supposed to be 12 weeks today but baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. Took medication to start the bleeding yesterday and nothing has happened as yet. My OH is dealing with this totally different, he wants to move on. I can’t even think like that until the process is complete. He’s even going out this afternoon with his friends whilst I stay home and see what might happen next. I’m beyond hurt that he’d even consider doing that. He’s suggested my mum comes over or MiL, I just don’t feel ready to see other people yet. I just want my husband to support me through this difficult and traumatic time.

OP’s posts: |
Lovewinemorethanhusband Sat 17-Mar-18 20:56:06

I know how you feel my husband worked the day I had hopsital and ended up having to take the pessarys to start the bleeding , he had to stay overnight also so I was by myself with our 2children , all I wanted was him home and he couldn't be there for me. If I'm honest it was a blessimg in disguise as actually I was to compute it all iny head without having to explain what was happening or how I was feeling. I explained to him when he was back about it and he's said that he just didn't know what to say as it wasn't his body and he just was confused with it all

Dav029 Sat 17-Mar-18 21:21:28

Thanks @lovewinemorethanhusband ... I guess like your husband, he just doesn’t know how to deal with it. Trying to be understanding towards him as well. Thanks for your message and sorry for your loss

OP’s posts: |
Idobelieveinfairies2018 Sat 17-Mar-18 21:32:30

Men don't work the same way as us women.
My dh has been similar with all of my mcs. I asked him once and he sed he didnt want to make things harder for me as I was the 1 going through it not him.
I'm sorry for ur loss op
x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in