Talk

Advanced search

Scared to get pregnant again

(6 Posts)
Pokemonlovepower Tue 27-Feb-18 16:59:25

After talking to many mum's I know and looking at research. The percentage of women who have a miscarriage the second time they get pregnant is insane. I want another baby but I'm absolutely terrified of this happening and in turn this is making me terrified about having sex again. Any advice to get past this fear ??? Xxx

OP’s posts: |
Athers666 Tue 27-Feb-18 17:46:58

This has just happened to me. I recently had an early miscarriage. It was my second pregnancy. (I have an older DD). No advice to offer really other than we are going to try again, but I am also terrified of having a second miscarriage. It's just not talked about enough and it's such a horrible thing to go through. Sorry I know that's not helpful! I wish you all the best though if you do decide to try x

Funkyemzie Tue 27-Feb-18 18:28:32

Hi, I am just in the horrible process of my MC and I feel exactly the same! We have discussed trying again as soon as we can, which is fine but I'm petrified as well, I just can't imagine going through this again. On the flip side, we are desperate for a baby and so I just keep thinking I'm not going to give up. There have been so many people that have gone on to have happy healthy pregnancies after 2, 3 or more MC's. Im sorry for your loss though lovely, as someone wrote on here before, it's shitter than shit! 💗

Tobebythesea Wed 28-Feb-18 16:01:39

I am in exactly the same position. Just lost my second pregnancy. You are not alone in your anxiety. I was just so shocked after a straightforward pregnancy last time.

Wigglywigglywooo Thu 01-Mar-18 22:59:19

I am completely with you on this. I had a missed miscarriage just before Christmas. I thought I was 9 weeks, almost 10 but unfortunately the pregnancy stopped at 6 weeks. I had a natural but what I felt was a horrific miscarriage (I say this because it genuinely frightened me) and I thought I would be over it quite quickly! Turns out it has affected me emotionally a lot more than I thought it would and the thought of having sex again let alone TTC was terrifying. However, we have since DTD, only once, and I cried and felt very emotional after but it was a big step! I’m so worried that next time the same thing might happen again! X

HidCat Fri 02-Mar-18 07:21:51

@Wigglywigglywooo that was a big turning point for me too. Tried to get my head around dtd for fun rather than TTC and that helped a lot.
@Pokemonlovepower I think everyone on here agrees that the thought of having (another) miscarriage is awful but don't let fear of something that may not happen prevent you from trying. I believe it's 1 in 4 pregnancies that end in mc though I've found no stats for 2nd time. Try not to let it get you down. I believe my mc has made me a better Mum to my DS and more appreciative of my husband so for us there have been positives to come out of the experience as well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in