Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage without pain or heavy bleeding

(7 Posts)
Nellythelephant Tue 27-Feb-18 07:34:05

Hi, I've not posted before but been reading lots of these threads over the last few weeks and found them really helpful. Hoping someone can help me!
I'm in the process of going through a miscarriage but it's not as I expected. I started spotting brown about 3 weeks ago, that turned to light bleeding which lasted about 4 days, then it faded back to spotting. I had no cramps and no bright red blood. I had 2 ultrasounds during this time. The first it showed baby at 4-5 weeks, when I thought I was 7-8, the following week it had grown to 5-6 weeks, but I thought I was 8-9. I knew by this point that the pregnancy had failed but they asked me to come back for a final US this coming Thursday to finally confirm.
I have been waiting since last week for the 'proper' miscarriage to start - pain, bleeding etc. Nothing happened until yesterday when I had a tiny amount of red blood. Then about an hour later, I felt something 'coming out' and I passed the foetus in the sac. It was a complete shock, even though I knew I would lose it, as there was no warning it was going to happen.
I still haven't had any pain and or bleeding. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be expecting heavy bleeding? I'm not at work today, but I'm worried about going in tomorrow if it's possible I will suddenly start bleeding heavily.
Thanks in advance for reading, any advice greatly received!

OP’s posts: |
Kocerhan3 Tue 27-Feb-18 10:38:36

Sorry for your loss, I went through almost the exact same situation in regards to scans and dates, only last month.

I had no cramps, only spotting and bleeding - but I've had heavier periods!! I never soaked a sanitary towel for example. In some twisted way I count myself lucky that I didn't experience the pain and discomfort. Emotionally I was (and some days still am) a mess, so my advice would be that your body is a complex and amazing creation and will sort itself out how it must, theres little to do otherwise so don't worry too much - just have check ups as and when recommended. Focus instead on your well being and state of mind - don't rush back to work, take time to reflect and accept, and gain support from those closest. From my own experience this is what got me through - lots of genuine heartfelt conversations and clearing my head (for me it's spending hours painting/upcycling furniture with some music on)

Keep calm, lovely, and best best best wishes to you. Hear if you want to talk x

Nellythelephant Tue 27-Feb-18 16:17:44

Thank you so much for your reply and so sorry for your loss too. It's really helped me to know that someone else has been through it in the same way. It's all a bit surreal at the moment, I had prepared myself for it but not in this way.
I spoke to the EPAU this morning and they said that it could all be finished but to keep scan appointment on Thurs so that they can check it is complete. They also said I might be "lucky" in that you can miscarry with no physical pain and only a little blood loss. I guess that no one can accurately predict how your body will react to anything and all I can do is look after myself and trust my body to do its thing.

HyenaHappy Tue 27-Feb-18 16:19:33

I had a miscarriage and had very little cramping. I bled a lot though.

I’m so very sorry that you’re going through this flowers

Lisalou88 Tue 27-Feb-18 19:14:52

With my miscarriage I only bleed like a normal period and kept waiting for the heavy bleeding to start but it never did and I only had about 1 hour of cramps before I passed the sac. I’m so sorry for your loss, mine was 6 weeks ago and still struggling emotionally, take care xx

Nellythelephant Wed 28-Feb-18 19:46:33

Thank you for the replies. I've started bleeding today, though only lightly. It's a bit strange but I was actually pleased that it started as it feels like one step closer to this being over.

Kocerhan3 Thu 01-Mar-18 17:13:08

@Nellythelephant totally understand that, it's a process emotionally and physically, I was relieved when mine stopped x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in