Talk

Advanced search

HCG levels

(4 Posts)
HidCat Wed 21-Feb-18 12:51:21

Just wondering if any others have experienced a long HCG drop after MC. I had my first bleeding on 18/1 and yesterday my HCG levels in bloods was 199 (they were about 5800 4 weeks ago). This is 5 weeks now. I've decided to stop getting blood tests as it's a 45 mile round trip and it makes me emotional every time. The nurse said to do a pregnancy test in 3 weeks and if it's still positive, to go back. Has anyone else experienced this?

OP’s posts: |
Songofthesouth Wed 21-Feb-18 16:01:27

Hi, I had a miscarriage the same day as you and I had a positive digital test today. I’m not sure if it’s pregnancy or slowly depleting HCG levels. Do you mind me asking how far along you were? I know how emotionally exhausting this time is❤️

jimijack Wed 21-Feb-18 16:06:53

Yes, it took about 3 weeks to get a negative pregnancy test.
Like you I stopped having the blood tests when the levels dropped as the results told me what I already knew...It's ending. Pointless and no helpful information to be gained.

Also took about 2 weeks for pregnancy symptoms to reduce which was very upsetting.
Those hormones can hang around even when all bleeding had stopped, I had a positive test.

Give it time xxflowers

HidCat Wed 21-Feb-18 20:00:08

@Songofthesouth I was 12 weeks when we had it confirmed so baby probably died around 10 weeks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in