Talk

Advanced search

Empty gestational sac at 8 weeks

(6 Posts)
Mangopassionfruit Sun 11-Feb-18 17:30:25

Hi all... Booked in an early 8 week scan for today and it was bad news. Empty sac/blighted ovum measuring 7+1... we are both absolutely gutted. I’m struggling with the ‘not knowing’ of what happens next and so I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar? We had an early loss in December but that was only 5 weeks. One thing keeping me going is that I know I’m definitely not the only one this has happened to. It’s so strange having symptoms but knowing now they don’t mean anything. Apparently we have to get a doctors referral for EPU tomorrow.

We are meant to be going away on Tuesday as it’s going to be the 1 year anniversary of my dad’s death on Valentine’s. This week is going to suck.

HidCat Sun 11-Feb-18 21:05:36

So sorry to hear this. It's an awful thing to go through. I found out about my miscarriage at my 12 week scan 2 weeks ago. They think I reabsorbed everything rather than a Blighted ovum. For me they have just been watching my hcg levels. Your EPU will probably want to run blood tests but it does vary between Health boards. Don't be afraid to ask about medical management or surgical management as you may continue to have pregnancy symptoms for weeks otherwise. There are lots of posts on here regarding different experiences and lots of support.
Again, I'm so sorry. Take your time to process and grieve. xx

Mangopassionfruit Sun 11-Feb-18 22:12:20

So sorry to hear about your awful news. Thank you for advice about the management - I am really struggling with the fact I still have such sore boobs and nausea. I really hope that everything works out for you and you’re doing ok given the horrible circumstances xx

Paranormalbouquet Tue 13-Feb-18 22:24:30

@Mangopassionfruit I’ve been going through this, I’m sorry to hear you have had the same bad news.

I’ve tried to avoid surgical management due to adhesions but it’s now 3 weeks on so I’m thinking I’ll have no choice.

Mangopassionfruit Wed 14-Feb-18 10:23:42

Hi @paranormalbouquet, I think i remember seeing you on the due summer or September board. I’m so sorry you’re going through the same - it absolutely sucks. I will see what they say on Monday but think I am going surgical route - my boobs are still so sore and feeling pretty sick so in my head my body still very much thinks there’s a baby in there :-( xx

Paranormalbouquet Wed 14-Feb-18 12:50:32

I would definitely have opted for surgical management if I didn’t have scar tissue already. This 3 weeks of waiting has been torture. My nausea settled after around 2weeks, when I had some heavy bleeding (after medical management). Pregnancy test still strongly positive today though so I think I’ll need ERPC anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: