Talk

Advanced search

Missed miscarriage intense pain

(5 Posts)
bean22 Sat 10-Feb-18 16:46:03

Found out last Friday our baby had sadly stopped growing at around 6 weeks and went in for medical management on Sunday where I was given tablets to take orally. Since Sunday I have been having severe cramping and bleeding has been increasing slowly everyday with huge clots! I was told pain would only last a couple of days and bleeding would get lighter but I seem to be the opposite the pain is so bad today I can hardly move out of bed and just feel at a loss as have know one to talk to that understands. Any advice or words would be much appreciated x

Knittingteapot Sat 10-Feb-18 16:48:41

That's how I was last year when I miscarried. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I found (bizarrely) that the pain was worst when I needed a poo. Honestly as painful as giving birth. I just had warm baths, lots of paracetamol, hot water bottles and a shit ton of chocolate. I think if you get a temperature you need to ring the gp.

Backenette Sat 10-Feb-18 16:49:58

I’m so sorry for your loss.

It’s importamt that you call whatever number you were given for follow up and tell them about the pain and bleeding. If you werent given a number then Make sure you seek medical attention. If at any point you’re in severe pain or soaking through more than a pad an hour then that’s an emergency.

chocolateorangeowls Sat 10-Feb-18 16:57:21

TMI warning

Sorry for your loss. thanks I went through the same but I passed everything (very painfully) within a couple of hours and then had light bleeding like a period for about a week. I'd probably get some more medical advice with it going on so long. The nurse who did mine told me that when you get intense pain it's due to bits (sorry) getting stuck in your cervix and to push to help it come through.

bean22 Sat 10-Feb-18 17:38:50

Thankyou so much for your replies really means a lot. I feel like there's something just not right as a previous miscarriage was over in a few hours.. annoyingly our epau is not open over the weekend but may call the weekend number I was given if still the same tomorrow morning x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: