Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks :-(

(3 Posts)
bitzy12 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:34:15

So I'm almost 10 weeks and hear is my story so far.....

I had a miscarriage last year and found out I was expecting again in December. We decided to book a private scan which we went to at 8 weeks....saw a heartbeat which was pointed out to be very strong

A week later had some small red spots of blood so dr sent me to hospital. Scan confirmed everything was fine, saw little bean and a good heartbeat. Hospital also confirmed I had a uti so was prescribed anti biopics

From week 6.5 I've been suffering with hypermesis. I have 2 dcs already and suffered in both pregnancies. I knew what to expect and had been prescribed medication at home which never really makes a difference to me however I was plodding through it.

Until Monday my sickness was unbearable and I was severely dehydrated. Been on a drip for 3 days, all sorts of injections, medication etc. I felt absolutely dreadful but have been well enough to be discharged today.

Yesterday I had some dark brown spotting which got worse over night. I told drs at hospital and midwifes but none of them were concerned. Especially as it was only Saturday I had my last scan and everything was fine.

However they have booked a scan for Saturday. I'm still bleeding now although I feel it's turning pink. It's not constant but I do have lower back/stomach ache. This is exactly how I lost my last baby.

This time we are really going to be devastated after seeing 2 scans :-( I really feel like everything is not ok. I also feel this is my last try as hypermesis is the absolute worst and I don't feel I can go through it all again. Especially after 2 miscarriages now.

I don't even know what to think :-(

Disneyrules Thu 08-Feb-18 19:48:31

No advice hun but so sorry you're going through this, you must be so worried. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Callamia Thu 08-Feb-18 19:53:09

I’m so sorry. I hope for positive news, but I understand what you’re going through.

I guess you just carry on until your next scan, but I don’t think you’d be unreasonable to go to your EPU if you don’t want to wait until Saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now