Talk

Advanced search

10 weeks :-(

(3 Posts)
bitzy12 Thu 08-Feb-18 17:34:15

So I'm almost 10 weeks and hear is my story so far.....

I had a miscarriage last year and found out I was expecting again in December. We decided to book a private scan which we went to at 8 weeks....saw a heartbeat which was pointed out to be very strong

A week later had some small red spots of blood so dr sent me to hospital. Scan confirmed everything was fine, saw little bean and a good heartbeat. Hospital also confirmed I had a uti so was prescribed anti biopics

From week 6.5 I've been suffering with hypermesis. I have 2 dcs already and suffered in both pregnancies. I knew what to expect and had been prescribed medication at home which never really makes a difference to me however I was plodding through it.

Until Monday my sickness was unbearable and I was severely dehydrated. Been on a drip for 3 days, all sorts of injections, medication etc. I felt absolutely dreadful but have been well enough to be discharged today.

Yesterday I had some dark brown spotting which got worse over night. I told drs at hospital and midwifes but none of them were concerned. Especially as it was only Saturday I had my last scan and everything was fine.

However they have booked a scan for Saturday. I'm still bleeding now although I feel it's turning pink. It's not constant but I do have lower back/stomach ache. This is exactly how I lost my last baby.

This time we are really going to be devastated after seeing 2 scans :-( I really feel like everything is not ok. I also feel this is my last try as hypermesis is the absolute worst and I don't feel I can go through it all again. Especially after 2 miscarriages now.

I don't even know what to think :-(

OP’s posts: |
Disneyrules Thu 08-Feb-18 19:48:31

No advice hun but so sorry you're going through this, you must be so worried. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Callamia Thu 08-Feb-18 19:53:09

I’m so sorry. I hope for positive news, but I understand what you’re going through.

I guess you just carry on until your next scan, but I don’t think you’d be unreasonable to go to your EPU if you don’t want to wait until Saturday.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in