Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a buddy, TTC #1 after MC

(23 Posts)
xLeanne128 Sun 04-Feb-18 19:53:08

I came off the pill in November and we started TTC baby number one in December. I am 24 my husband is 26. I also had a ruptured ovarian cyst in September which was very painful and caused some issues (EPU said scan showed healthy ovaries and they could see no damage) I fell pregnant straight away in December, unfortunately had some bleeding, went to EPU and was confirmed miscarriage at 5/6 weeks. Me and my husband are ready to try again I'm just scared of going through the sadness of MC again. Just Looking for a hand hold or somebody to go through this with x

Cakelaur Sun 04-Feb-18 21:07:35

Hi @xLeanne128
I’m 33, OH is 36 he has an 11yr old son but we’re ttc our first. After almost a year ttc we got our bfp end of nov 17. Lost the baby mid Jan with erpc on 18th Jan. Physically fine. Emotionally struggling a little. But desperate to be pregnant again so we’ve been ttc since bleeding stopped.
My body doesn’t seem to quite be playing ball as I hoped. Finally got negative hpt a few days back. Now waiting for positive opk. But DTD every other day Incase opks are a little distorted.
We’re aiming for SMEP with pre seed as that’s how we seemed to catch last time.
Are you planning anything specific or just try and see?

xLeanne128 Mon 05-Feb-18 07:52:12

@cakelaur sorry to hear what you've been through. I might of been a bit naive but I presumed the getting pregnant but would be the hardest bit but it seems to be it's staying pregnant! I'm just taking folic acid, magnesium and some mixed vitamin b complex (which are all in preconception but much cheaper ha) that's all i did last time, got my positive opk and jumped on hubby. Hoping for same again but I'm sure my body will have other ideas! Fingers crossed for you xx

Bwe123 Thu 08-Feb-18 15:50:14

@cakelaur & @xLeanne128 can I join you ladies?
I had a mmc in October and had an erpc and myself and my husband have been ttc since. Currently on the 2ww for this month but not feeling hopeful - no particular reason why other than just feeling unlucky!
Like you both I am so ready for a baby but worried that I now won’t fall pregnant, or when I do it will end in the same way. Silly I know but hard to be so positive now the naiveity has been taken away. X

Doublechocolatetiffin Thu 08-Feb-18 15:55:22

I’m sorry you are all going through this, I struggled massively when ttc after a mmc last year. I just wanted to say that there is a wonderful thread on the conception board full of lovely supportive ladies who are ttc after pregnancy loss. They helped me through this really tough time.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/3143208-TTC-after-pregnancy-loss-Thread-16-New-Year-new-hope-for-all

xLeanne128 Thu 08-Feb-18 16:50:59

Ofcourse you can join all are welcome. I'm currently tracking ovulation which appears to be teasing me almost positive for 3 days but keeps dropping off no clear positive yet grrr. Sorry to hear what you have been through it's so hard to be positive isn't it. Yeah I have wrote on that thread but I was ignored so not helpful to me at all! X

Cakelaur Thu 08-Feb-18 22:31:49

Hi! So I had no +opks this month but had raised temp with bbt so have Defo ovulated. My hormones must just be a little outta kink.
But now in the TWW 3dpo.
@Bwe123 don't feel down hun. As long as you DTD a couple of times then you've got a chance. 🤞

Bwe123 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:06:59

Thanks ladies 😊
I’m not sure when/if I ovulated the last few months, I was half heartedly tracking trying to not let it become too much of a focus - who was I kidding haha! This month the Clearblue monitor says I did have peak ovulation and we dtd, so as you say wait and see, last time I was pregnant I can’t say I particularly felt pregnant so there is hope!
I’m 3dpo too - spooky. Fingers crossed for all of us, I feel my life is now determined in periods of 2 weeks all the time 🤦🏻‍♀️
Will you both test early or just wait and see? I see lots of people test before their period is due but I haven’t ever done...yet! X

xLeanne128 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:01:15

Im not going to test early (dont even think ive ovulated yet and im expecting MC to confuse my cycle) but when i test I don't want to see a faint line, going to try wait for a nice strong positive. Don't want to be in the same situation I was in last month was a guessing game from the start. Goodluck both keep updated x

nicdon5 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:37:22

Hey girls, I am new to this fourm so hope you don't mind me joining in on the conversation. @xLeanne128 it sounds like we are exactly in the same boat. I had a miscarriage in Jan 18 at 7 weeks pregnant and have been ttc since. I still haven't got my period since the miscarriage as it is only over 3 weeks but I got +opks (only one day) and am hoping for bfp soon.

xLeanne128 Thu 15-Feb-18 11:56:25

Welcome @nicdon5 so sorry to hear about your loss it's crap. I'm still waiting for my positive opk just had cramping for the last few days and no positive yet although some look very close no consistency at all my last one was very clear so still waiting. Fingers crossed for you for your BFP!! X

Cakelaur Thu 15-Feb-18 13:19:18

So I've tested the last 3 mornings. I'm now 10dpo which is when I got my bfp last time. So I'm gutted. And I had a bit of cm that was pink/brown tinge to it, so I guess af is in her way. Add to that the cramps I had yesterday and the meltdown I had last night and this morning and I'd say by Saturday the witch have arrived!!

Bwe123 Sat 17-Feb-18 23:43:03

Hi everyone, just seen the messages as I don’t get alerts how is everything going?
I’ve not signs of anything yet-I think it’s so easy to see everything as a symptom or lack of symptoms as a symptom so I’ve somewhat given up and still just waiting. X

xLeanne128 Sun 18-Feb-18 11:17:44

Still have cramps and alot of CM unsure if I'm finally ovulating but hoping I've caught on again as i feel similar to how I did the first time.. Will take a opk today to find out if it's o day!

Bwe123 Sun 18-Feb-18 15:44:35

Fingers crossed for you @xleanne128 xx

xLeanne128 Sun 18-Feb-18 15:53:58

Thsnkyou @bwe123 no positive opk so still clueless. Maybe it's on the way or guna get AF or body is just been crazy x

Bwe123 Tue 20-Feb-18 23:16:49

AF arrived for me a couple of days ago, so no good for me this month. Have any of you girls found that your AF has been different since the miscarriage?

xLeanne128 Wed 21-Feb-18 08:13:02

My crazy body continues. Had all symptoms I had last last time I was pg so started to feel giddy. Was in absolute agony last night with my stomach felt like the start of an ovarian cyst rupture (I've had one before) anyway drugged myself up and went to bed. Tested this morning with Frer FMU, negative. However TMI sorry i am pouring with EWCM waiting for another wee to do an OPK hope ovulation isn't going to be so painful for me every month and it was something from the MC that caused pain if no opk ill be ringing EPU me thinks. Cycle day 29 yay. Not! X

xLeanne128 Wed 21-Feb-18 09:28:59

Feel really sick. Opk doesnt look quite there or I've missed it. Will be gutted if I've missed the surge it as it's taken nearly 30days to come! Haven't dtd since Sunday evening as I've felt so crap. Will try tonight but not got a good feeling sad

xLeanne128 Wed 21-Feb-18 17:47:17

Opk faded already never even got a positive. What the fooook.

Bwe123 Thu 22-Feb-18 00:13:10

So frustrating, have you tried the clearblue OPK? Although more expensive I’ve found them to be more reliable.
I know everyone is different but I guess it can just take time for everyone’s cycles to settle down as my ovulating days are varying month by month at present.

Bwe123 Thu 22-Feb-18 00:14:22

@cakelaur how are you getting on?

xLeanne128 Thu 22-Feb-18 12:27:07

Think I'll give it a go next cycle xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: