Talk

Advanced search

Late miscarriage - when did you try again?

(2 Posts)
kirstymcl Sun 04-Feb-18 13:01:00

Hi everyone,

I lost my twin girls on 16th and 19th Jan this year. I'm so devastated to loose them due to prem labour at 20 weeks. I just wanted to know if anyone on here had been in my position and when you decided to try again? I have to have IVF to conceive after having an ectopic pregnancy in 2014. It's expensive and takes a lot of preparation so it's something I have to carefully plan. I just really want to have a focus and start tying again. I was hoping to start in April. I keep getting comments from family that it will be too soon but why don't I feel that way? I know I can't replace my girls and I'm not trying too but I still want to have another child. Is that wrong of me? Should I wait longer?

BeyondHope Sat 10-Feb-18 20:07:39

Hi Kirsty. I have just seen your post. I lost my darling baby boy back in December after he was stillborn. He was my 7th loss and after each of the others I wanted to start trying straight away. It didn't matter what anyone said to me.

Do what feels right for you and your husband. You will know when you are ready. I think for me, this time, I don't feel the strong urge to try again yet. Maybe that means I've finished. I'm not sure. Follow your heart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now