Talk

Advanced search

We lost our angel

(2 Posts)
WCarpenter Sun 21-Jan-18 15:11:21

I am not even sure how to put into words how hard it has been... we had our 12week scan on Tuesday to find no heart beat. Had, had an early scan at 6 weeks 4 days and the heart was strong, everything looked perfect...

To then be told there was no heartbeat?

My other half fell to his feet and my mum froze... I literally lay on the bed with this internal probe inside me looking at the screen ... the shape of my baby on the screen so still...

I chose to let everything pass naturally. The pain was unreal. I had to be readmitted to the hospital due to passing out from so much blood loss...

I just don't understand what happened? It is the most painful thing we have ever experienced. My other half cries regularly; usually at night when he turns to hold my stomach and realises there is no baby there anymore. My heart hurts so bad and I have no idea what to do? When it stops? I don't want to be around anyone at all!

OP’s posts: |
Cakelaur Sun 21-Jan-18 21:07:02

Hi @WCarpenter I’m so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I can’t eat, sleep or work. I had mmc (found out last week at 8+4) baby had died at 6+5. We went for an early scan and saw no heart beat. I then opted for an erpc (18th Jan) as I could bear the idea of watching the baby pass. Plus I had to get on a plane today to go away with the family.
I can’t tell you when it gets easier but it will. Every day I still cry, every night I can’t sleep and every meal time I can’t eat. But be kind to yourself and let your OH hold you and comfort each other. What you’re both going through is a horrible thing and allow yourself time to grieve and I’ve learnt that it’s ok to be upset and sad. But I take comfort in knowing that each day I move one Day closer to getting my next BFP and eventually holding my first baby.
My thoughts are with you. Xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in