Talk

Advanced search

Post Medical Management

(3 Posts)
5UNG Sat 13-Jan-18 13:26:19

Hi ladies,

It’s such a shame how we have come together under such awful circumstances.. I have been sifting in and out of these threads for quite some time. Here’s a short explanation..

Found out I was pregnant Nov 9, scan booked in for Dec 11 (worked out 12 weeks) however experienced MMC at 6 weeks.

Had a nightmare with NHS booking in for MM - booked for Dec 13 however after signing all paperwork I was recommended I had a confirmation scan. Scan went ahead on the Monday, confirmed no changes just a sac measuring 1cm present. Endured Christmas as chose to opt for Natural Management but nothing came of it so eventually booked in for MM at another hospital on Jan 8. Procedure was pretty long nothing happened from 8am-2.30pm, bleeding started but no tissue passed. Examined at 3pm where they extracted sac and most of afterbirth (unable to extract remainder of afterbirth even on second examination). Resulted in very heavy bleeding and clots for the next couple of hours, then decided to give injection to reduce the bleeding. I was eventually sent home on the evening of same day.

Tuesday - pain and bleeding had reduced, every day after bleeding has been moderate however cramps and pain in lower abdomen has been present. Since then my undiagnosed pulsatile tinitus has got worse, and I have had a headache for the past 72 hours.

I have been taking Tramadol, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen to help ease the pain. Are these pains normal?! And how long will they last for? 😣

MrsMac1489 Sun 14-Jan-18 01:26:08

Hi hun, the headaches might be a side affect of the medication used to help your uterus to contact. It should pass soon.

Keep an eye on your blood loss, any smelliness, abnormal discharge, any signs of a temperature, if you develop any cold or flu like symptoms or have to change your pads every hour because they are soaked then please go to your out of hours or emergency department.

Unfortunately, as your uterus is trying to get back to it's pre-pregnancy state the cramps you feel will continue. But it's really important to look out for infection and try not to mask it too much with pain killers.

Try a hot water bottle and a warm bath for at least an hour to try and give you some relief. I'm sorry you're going through this. Xxx

5UNG Tue 16-Jan-18 19:31:44

Hi MrsMac1489 thanks for the information. Luckily the cramps are slowly reducing so I have stopped taking pain killers, found that bleeding has slowly reduced (fingers crossed)!!

Have been advised to take a test 29th Jan to confirm misscarriage is complete - hoping this is the end of this a series it feels like it’s been a long 2 months!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now