Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 4 1/2 weeks??

(3 Posts)
Emmasmum2013 Mon 18-Dec-17 12:02:54

I'm approximately 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant, since I hit 4 weeks I've been spotting slightly which got a bit worse yesterday - it was just pinkish brown and very light up until yesterday, which was a bit more red and slightly heavier (still not heavy though, not even to the level of a normal period)
Today it seems to have eased off, still there slightly but seems to be stopping.
I've been googling the life out of it and I can't seem to tell what is causing it.
Is it implantation bleeding? Start of a miscarriage? Blighted ovum? Detached placenta? Should I be worried? Advice said to contact my GP but as it was Sunday I thought I'd wait until today, and now it seems to be stopping so I don't know what to do. I don't want to go to the GP's and waste their time sad
Has anyone else had this?

chocolateorangeowls Mon 18-Dec-17 12:10:39

Honestly this early there is little point going to see your GP as you usually can't see anything on a scan until 6 weeks pregnant. If you start to get pain I would go because it could be an ectopic pregnancy.

It could very well have been implantation breeding. Or it could be a chemical pregnancy.

It definitely isn't the placenta detaching or anything like that as you won't have a functioning placenta this early on.

If I was you I would wait a few days and do another test to see if you are still getting strong positives.

I had early bleeding in both my pregnancies, one ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks but in the other one everything was fine.

Good luck with everything thanks

Emmasmum2013 Mon 18-Dec-17 13:36:55

Thanks very much @chocolateorangeowls

I remember with my first DD (she's 4 now) I had some bleeding early on and had to go to the hospital for blood tests and scans and luckily everything was ok - they never got to the bottom of what was causing the bleeding. But that was at about 6 weeks. I remember them trying to tell me it was implantation bleeding despite it being about 2-3 weeks too late for that.

I did do another test yesterday just to try and make myself feel a bit better (even though I know that the HCG can still increase regardless) and it was a strong positive line. I'll leave it a week and see what happens I think.

I've got the booking appointment on the 29th so unless anything untoward happens before then, I'll mention it to the midwife too.

I promised myself I'd be more chill with this one.. so much for that!

Thank you smile
flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: